fifty seven ~ perfect

Simon parked on the pavement outside of Vik's house. It took some convincing but Vik finally allowed him to pick him up rather than let him travel alone. He wanted to make today perfect. It was his last chance.

In the backseat was a picnic basket, hidden slightly out of sight. He had planned everything as soon as he was off the phone with Vik and now, four days later, he was ready. They had barely text but Simon wasn't going to push any boundaries. He was gonna treat this as carefully as Vik needed.

Simon exhaled deeply, hoping to sigh out all of his worries. He failed but had to push them back as he got out of his car and walked up to Vik's door. In his hand was a single gerber daisy.

He didn't even know there were different types of daisies until he turned up at the flower shop

He didn't even know there were different types of daisies until he turned up at the flower shop. The hand holding the flower behind his back carefully, he knocked three times. The door was quick to open, a flustered looking Vik answering with wide eyes.

"Simon. I said to text me."

"I had to give you this." Vik's eyes shone as Simon bought out the daisy. He reached for it timidly, his facial expressions erupting with glee.

"It's beautiful, Si." Vik spoke, stroking the petals delicately.

"Perfect for you, cupcake." Simon smiled softly, watching Vik amazed by the flower in his hand. His cheeks went a soft red.

"I'll put this in some water then I'll come out?" Finally, Vik looked up at Simon, still grinning. Simon nodded and stepped backwards, watching Vik disappear into his house before turning to get into his car.

Moments later, Vik opened the passenger door and plopped himself down in the seat.

"Where to, driver?" Simon tapped his nose in response, signalling that it was a secret. Vik grumbled as Simon put on his glasses. He had hoped Vik wouldn't notice. "Awww. You look so cute in glasses, Si."

"I only need them for driving." Simon mumbled, embarrassed but Vik carried on teasing him throughout their journey.

"There's a car there. In case you didn't see." Vik was giggling at his own jokes and though Simon had heard it all before, they were funny again coming from his mouth. Or maybe it was just his giggle making Simon happy. He wasn't sure.

Soon enough they pulled up to a car park by a river. Simon paid as they drove in, Vik searching around in awe as they got out of the car.

"You're taking me to a river? I've never been near a river not in a car." Simon's eyebrows furrowed at this statement. He took Vik's hand in his spare one, holding the picnic basket in the other.

"Not just to. On the river." Simon smiled as Vik's mouth fell open in shock. It was the cutest thing Simon had seen since... Well, since Vik last smiled.

The boat wasn't the biggest but it was big enough for them and the captain. They sat on the floor, their backs against the chairs you were meant to sit on. Simon lay the food out in front of them before relaxing, placing an arm around Vik's shoulders.

"Beautiful." Vik muttered about the river. Simon agreed but he was looking at the smaller boy, not the view.

They enjoyed their food in a light conversation before packing up and sitting at the top of the boat. Vik lent over the edge, watching the water run past as they sailed. He sat to face Simon, smiling softly. The sun was setting slowly behind him.

"Simon, I do love you. I still want to take things slow but... you deserve to know. After everything you've done, after today, you deserve to know that I do love you and I have for a wh-" Vik was cut off by Simon placing his hands on Vik's cheeks.

Simon lent in, his eyes closing after he watched the smile grow on Vik's face. Their lips touched lightly at first, both hesitant. Vik, surprisingly, was the one to break the hesitant air around them as he placed his hands on Simon's waist, pulling him closer.

The kiss was still delicate but full of passion. They pulled away and smiled at each other, Vik moving to rest his head on Simon's body.