sixty three ~ happy

Simon put his glasses on with less embarrassment this time but that didn't stop Vik smiling at how sweet he looked.

"I'm so happy you're here. I've been trying to text you all day." Simon licked his lips as he concentrated on the roads only risking a short glance at the boy in his passenger seat.

"I didn't want to give it away by accident. I wanted to treat you." Vik felt like Simon did so much for him. Before, he wasn't happy. He barely left the house and when he did have to he didn't look forward to it. Not like he looked forward to meeting Simon.

"That's okay with me. I'm a big fan of Nandos." Simon grinned, pulling into the complex holding their chosen restaurant.

They were sat opposite each other in a secluded booth. Having picked and ordered what they both wanted they had settled to wait.

"You didn't have to pay for me." Simon spoke, shyly. He wasn't used to people treating him.

"My treat. Remember?" Vik replied, smiling at the boy in front of him. He was playing with his fingers nervously.

Vik, in a complete out of character action, reached over the table to take one of Simon's hands in his. Simon stroked his finger along their entwined hands before clearing his throat.

"Vik... Can I ask you something?" Vik nodded.

"Will you do me the greatest, happiest honour... And be my boyfriend?" Vik's mouth parted in shock, caught off guard by the question.

Their food came and was placed down between them. They both looked down for a moment, thanking the waiter.

"I'd love to, Simon." Both of them grinned at each other before digging in, holding light conversation over dinner.

~~~~
I can either end this soon and start a sequel or have more real life chapters than texts :-)