eighty eight ~ good lookin

Simon woke up alone. Pouting, he dressed and ventured out of his room. He was only in a long jumper and his boxers, not bothering with trousers in his home.

Firstly, he checked the spare room. He wondered if Vik was making new videos. With so much dedication, he seemed to always be making or editing videos.

Although Sage and Harlow were both curled up on the bed. It was their new favourite place - ever since Vik had started to actually use the room. Simon reckoned they just loved Vik as much as he did.

As he started to walk down the stairs, he could smell food cooking. It smelt like their local Indian with the spices. He heard Vik's laugh from the kitchen and sped up, spinning around the corner.

He grinned as he watched Vik who had his back to him, facing the cooker that had a deep frying pan Simon didn't even know they owned.

As Vik lent his head back to laugh at something Josh said, Simon walked forward and wrapped his arms around Vik's waist.

"What's cookin, good lookin?" Simon muttered. Josh told them to take it to their room but Simon ignored him. It was his house too, anywhere could be his room if he wanted it.

"Me and Josh were talking about cooking," Vik spoke between concentrating on flipped the circles of food in front of him in the burning oil. "I said my mum had a really good recipe and turned out you had everything..."

Embarrassed, Simon looked to Josh to tell him what they were. He had expected him to keep Simon from sounding stupid.

"Onion Bhajis, dimwit." Josh answered loudly, causing Vik to giggle. Simon felt a small twist of guilt that he rarely asked about Vik's heritage and promised himself he would learn more one day.

As he sat down at the island, he noticed a small bag with the words 'For Someone Special...' written on them. Questioning, he raised an eyebrow at Josh.

"For Freya?" Simon questioned to which Josh shook his head.

"For you."

"Josh, aww. You didn't have to." Simon clutched his chest, right where his heart would be. Vik started to dish up the batch of food, turning off the cooker and putting the dishes in the sink.

"From your boyfriend, dumbass." Josh sighed as if Simon couldn't act any ditzier.

Simon grinned. He already felt like he had his present from Vik - his company was enough but here was a belated gift.

Slowly, he opened it. Savouring every moment he carefully lifted two small boxes out of the bag. Deciding to be greedy, he opened the biggest box first to be faced with nothing other than a cupcake. Grinning, he took a picture of the cake.

Moving it softly to the side to be eaten later, he opened the second box. Inside was a plain ring. His mouth hung open.

"It's a promise ring. I promise to always be here, to keep you company, to make you smile and to love you." Vik spoke, moving toward Simon as he took the ring out of his hand. Gently, he slipped it onto Simon's pinky.

Simon pulled Vik straight onto his lap, covering his whole face with kisses. Vik grumbled but he couldn't help smiling at his boyfriends happiness.