eighty ~ with me

Simon pulled up to see Vik sat on the floor next to a few boxes and bin bags. His head was hung and leaning on his knees. He didn't even look up when Simon pulled up in front of him.

Simon rushed to Vik, kneeling in front of him and tentatively placing a hand in his shoulder - just in case he hadn't heard him pull up. Vik didn't jump however and Simon pulled him to stand up before engulfing him.

"It's going to be okay." Simon was swaying them slightly in comfort. He could feel Vik sobbing lightly, gripping Simon's tshirt tightly in panic. Softly, he rubbed circles on Vik's back, desperate to calm him down.

Simon was mumbling into his hair, slowly feeling him take deeper breaths.

Once calmer, Simon led Vik to the front seat of his car and settled him. He moved all of his stuff into the backseat, packing it in tightly, worried about breaking anything fragile he might have.

Vik didn't speak on the ride to Simon's house but nodded as Simon suggested they talk to Josh first.

Josh was sat in the kitchen as they entered, half a slice of pizza hanging out of his mouth as he stared in shock at Vik's puffy eyes.

"What's up?" He questioned through a mouthful of food.

"Vik can't stay at home now. Is he good to stay here for a while?" Josh looked like he wanted to ask the couple more but, taking a second glance at Vik's distraught expression, decided against it.

"Yeah. Need help?" Simon nodded towards his car as he took Vik's smaller hand in his. He led him upstairs and to the spare room.

"You can set up in here. You'll sleep with me," Simon paused to turn and look at the smaller boy "if you want to, of course."

Vik squeezed Simon's hand lightly.

"I do." Vik replied causing Simon to grin and lead them back downstairs. They skipped down the last few steps to allow Josh to walk up them. Behind him was Jide, carrying more of Vik's stuff.

"What's all this stuff?" Jj asked as he followed Josh up the stairs carefully.

"Vik's staying with us for a while." Josh heaved as he readjusted what he was carrying.

"What?" Jj sounded angry and Simon quickly pulled Vik into the kitchen. They both sat at the island, Vik leaning on Simon's arm as their entwined hands lay on the table in front of them.

"He doesn't want me here." Vik muttered, sounding smaller than usual.

"He doesn't live here. I do and I want you here." Simon twisted his chair, pulling Vik's chair round to face his too. He lent forward to press a soft kiss on his boyfriend's lips.

Vik melted into Simon's arms, becoming almost a deadweight as he held onto Simon.

Jide was angrily mumbling as he came into the kitchen, Josh rolling his eyes at Jj and then, once he noticed the couple making out, rolled his eyes at them too.

"You'll roll them out of the sockets if you aren't careful." Simon muttered as he and Vik pulled away from each other.

Despite the bitter friend, Simon smiled at his boyfriend. He was going to be able to wake up next to him every day for a little while and he couldn't be happier.