ninety nine ~ cheerful

Vik's dad wished him luck, a pat on his arm as they stood at the door to the aisle. Slightly beside them was Lachlan, grinning like mad as the day had finally come.

The music started and the doors opened, Vik's eyes trained on the beautiful man at the front of the small building. His dad was still new to the whole situation but had agreed to give Vik away. He shook hands with Simon, nodding slightly before taking his seat. Jide was stood behind Simon, being his best man as Simon took Vik's hands in his.

A few tears fell off his cheek but he was smiling. He couldn't believe his day had finally come to make Vik his officially.

When the vows came, both boys took out a small piece of paper. They didn't technically need vows as it was a civil partnership but they mutually decided to write a few words.

"Vikram Barn, I promise to care for you.
To cherish you
And to treat you like a star.
I'll be there through the good and the bad,
Making you laugh, smile
and ultimately
I promise to love you
with all of my heart."

"Simon Minter, I promise to look after you.
You have made me so cheerful
and I swear to repay that favour
till my very last breath.
I'll stay by your side forever
and I promise to love and cherish you
with all of my being."

The wedding continued, a few tears being shed in happiness from families and friends alike. Till, finally, Simon could take his husband by the hips and kiss him - sealing their promises.