ninety one ~ his love

Simon was seething as he got into his car. Not at the fact Vik was there, more than Harry and Tobi both knew and wouldn't tell him. What if something was wrong?

What if he did something wrong?

He wouldn't even have known if he had not been asking around.

It didn't take long to get to Harry's building of flats, they didn't live that far away from each other.

Nerves were sparking through his body as he pressed the button in the lift for the right floor. Simon tapped his foot against the floor impatiently as the elevator felt like it took years. His phone was still pinging from the groupchat he had made but he was ignoring it. The only thing currently important to him was Vik.

He fiddled with his ring as he walked up to Harry's door, knocking softly. The door swung open quickly, Harry ushering Simon in as he said hello. Silently, Simon followed him to the living room where Vik sat in the corner of his sofa.

Harry sat back in a chair, careful of a balancing cup of tea on the arm. Vik looked up at Simon, his eyes wide and puffy. To Simon's relief, he held his arms open for a hug, pouting slightly.

Simon dashed to his side, engulfing him in a hug as he hiccuped through another sob. He whispered sweet reassurances into the smaller boys hair, unsure of what the problem even was.

It broke his heart to hear his love crying.

It took a while for Vik to calm down and Harry had made them all another cup of tea claiming 'tea makes everything better.' When he had, however, he snuggled up with Simon to explain.

"I'm just so scared. I don't want to be a problem for you or your friends and I don't know what to do about my family. I don't earn enough currently to afford living on my own and if I wanted more income, I'd have to put even more videos out which I'm just not ready to do yet. I'm not experienced or confident enough and everything's so hard right now, I miss my family so much." Simon listened to his rant intently, taking in everything and trying to come up with a solution that would make him happy.

"Why don't we start by meeting with your family?" He suggested, tracing circles on Vik's lower back.

"My dad-" Vik started but Simon was quick to cut him off.

"Your mum. She wasn't upset with you, was she? I'll be there too." Vik was silent for a while, pondering over the pros and cons of Simon's suggestion.

After a while, he nodded.

"What an occasion to meet the parents." Harry commented, having stayed amazingly silent during most of their conversation. His comment made both of the boys giggle and he grinned, glad things were being fixed.

~~~~~
hello again! I've just published the introduction to my new book Ticked Off :-)

I will be publishing it after this one has finished (sadly that'll be soon :( ) and I really hope you'll all give it a chance. I'm going to try and put a spin on it so it's not so cliche. <3