thirty seven ~ spag bol

After Hotel Transylvania, Vik chose to watch White Chicks. Simon had stretched himself out on the sofa, Vik laying in front of him curled under the taller boys arm.

Simon's chin rested softly on Vik's shoulder while Vik played with his fingers. Often, Simon found himself looking at the boy in his arms and not focusing on the movie at all. They would spark conversation about what was on the screen every so often and he could keep up due to having watched it many times before.

Every time Vik laughed, Simon's heart would flutter and he'd squeeze his arm around the boy.

"I'm gonna cook for you, cupcake." Simon spoke softly into his ear while the credits rolled. He sat up, lifting Vik up with him.

"That'd be nice." Vik was avoiding eye contact. Simon had learnt that if he was speaking he'd often look away whereas he'd end up staring up at him if he wasn't speaking.

Vik followed him into the kitchen, sitting happily on the island in the middle of the room. He watched Simon move around, his limbs getting caught on things and themselves. Every time, Vik would giggle.

"How about spaghetti?"

"Is that the best you can cook?" Vik bit his lip, worried he had upset Simon by snapping at him.

"Probably. But I'll have you know I cook the meanest spag bol you'll ever taste." Simon
had paused to wiggle his eyebrows at the other boy sending him into fits of giggles. Vik stayed to watch him cook making comments on what Simon was doing. They laughed and joked and Vik had never felt so happy.

They are sitting opposite each other making light conversation. It felt like they were used to being together. Like they had been for years.

"You're right, Si. You make an amazing spag bol." Vik's comment lit up Simon's face, his eyes shone.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, cupcake. Now go and sit down, make yourself comfortable." Vik frowned as Simon picked up the dishes.

"I should clean."

"You're the guest. Go sit." Simon turned on the tap not taking a second for Vik to disagree.

"Alright, demanding." Vik pushed himself up and walked to the door leading back to the living room. "Thank you." He said, pausing to look back at Simon who waved him off.

Simon finished off and placed the dish towel back into the drawer it belongs in. He walked in to find Vik sat back in the corner of the sofa with Sage on his chest. He was muttering to the pup softly, smiling as Sage wagged her tail.

Simon made his way over slowly, not wanting to disrupt the pair. He laid his legs over the opposite arm of the sofa and fell back to rest his head on Vik's lap.

"Hello cupcake."

"Hello, Si." Vik grinned down at him, running a hand through his hair the same way he had been doing to Sage. Simon's eyes fluttered closed at his actions.

"I'll walk you to the station soon but first... another movie?" Simon spoke slowly, distracted by Vik's touch.

The taller boy had already picked out a movie: Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. Half way through the movie they had rearranged themselves so that Vik's legs were over Simon's lap and his head buried in his chest. Each time there were loud noises Vik would jump half out of his skin. He didn't mind though, Simon rubbing his back softly calmed him.

True to his word, Simon walked Vik to the station. Their hands brushed often as they walked but they didn't link fingers until Simon saw the station in view. He pulled Vik to a stop.

"Please come again soon?" His eyes were pleading. He wanted nothing more than to spend more time with this boy. Vik nodded and moved forward to wrap his arms around Simon's waist again. Simon pressed a soft kiss to his head which made the smaller boy shiver.

They sat outside till Vik's train came and they were regretfully forced to say goodbye.