Book 8⌇8. We're Here

Chapter 8 ∣  We're Here

*Crossover*

To Omen's Key

Co-Written with Laisha C. Gardner

The Omen's Key can be found on the account: @DarkR0se5

-Rayne

I eyed each of the male purebloods, another animalistic growl waging from within me as I questioned, "Which one of you is Rook...?"

There was a long pause, each of them eyeing me with hesitation before their gaze reluctantly altered to the pureblood with citrine amber eyes.

I had taken a single step forward and the hunter standing just above Micah drew his weapons away, stepping away from him. Before I could move another muscle, Locaine swiftly moved toward Rook, the hazel blue-eyed pureblood vampire also being quick to step between Rook and myself.

"What do you want with him?" His eyes narrowed on me; his voice filled with uncertainty.

Having now uncloaked their energy, I could feel the power this demon held, alone. He was one that not even I would challenge...

...at least not unless I truly had to.

I parted my lips to speak, but the only thing that filled the air was the scream that had been ripped from Cayden's lungs. She was kneeling on the floor, her body hovering over Tobias' as her hands pressed down on his wound.

It was the woman assassin who had done it. I, however, have no intention of attempting to take any actions against her. Not only was one of mine injured, but so was one of theirs.

I took in a deep breath, my fire concealed wings retrieving as the flames igniting my torso extinguished, the black color around my silver orbs withdrawing as my fangs reduced.

"Rayne, do something!" Cayden yelled, her worried eyes scanning Tobias as he laid on the ground, wincing in pain.

Truly, there was little we could do for his wound. Unlike witches that only possess the power of light magic, we did not have the ability to perform healing spells. When we gave in to the darkness of our power, we lost the ability to mend injuries and connect with the properties of the living.

Unlike them, however, my power had grown beyond that of a mere necromancer, and because of my demonic properties...

...I moved toward them, the daggers that the male hunter held catching my eyes. I stood before Cayden, snatching one of the daggers from the hunter's hand as I kneeled before her and Tobias. It was a dangerous move, the woman hunter carrying the Oneida bow aiming her arrow at me, only this time, I knew that if she decided to relinquish her hold, the arrow would break straight through my chest and into my heart.

Cayden eyed me, hesitant to move her hands away from Tobias' wound as I ran the blade of the dagger against the palm of my hand. With this, I tossed the dagger at the hunter's feet, moving my hand to Tobias' wound and allowing the blood to trickle away from me.

The first single drop of blood that mixed with his blood began its work, Tobias grunting in pain as the final drops of blood trickled into his abdomen before the wound on my hand sealed. It had been a while, but it still worked as well as I remembered, watching as nothing but a great stain of blood and a small scar remained.

"Hey, Lucifer," Tobias' voice was hoarse, my eyes shifting from Cayden's face to Tobias' gray orbs. "Am I gonna grow a pair of wings too? 'Cause that'd be fucking lit."