Book 8⌇36. Exorcist

Chapter 36 ∣  Exorcist

*Crossover*

The Omen's Key

(The Blood Magic Series)

The Omen's Key can be found on the account: @DarkR0se5

-Tamsin

Her demonic form was not something I'd ever expected to witness, but it was the coldness in her eyes that made me realize Maverick had lost her...

The moment it appeared that Eris was about to flee permanently, escaping into the night, Micah lifted his hand and with his magic, forced her back into Lucca's mansion. A pierced scream was ripped from her lungs as her body knocked into one of the walls, Micah ready to take a step forward but stopped.

My uneasiness continued to grow after what had just happened with Cayden, but he said, "If I asked you to stay out here," he then turned to me and finished, "will you?"

Does he have to ask?

I'd never leave him, especially with not knowing how dangerous she could truly be. I shook my head and replied, "Of course I wouldn't...I'm not leaving you alone with her."

A sigh surpassed his lips, the warm feeling of his arms wrapping around me and pulling me against his body made my heart flutter. He then kissed the top of my head, chuckling lightly while he said, "Of course you wouldn't."

Although I didn't look up into his eyes, I asked with my forehead pressed against his chest, "What are you going to do...?"

It was a little frightening to think he'd be putting his life on the line for Maverick's beloved and a small part of me was regretting him promising he'd do this. The very thought of something happening to him...it hurt my heart, but I tried to keep those thoughts away because this isn't something he had to do, but he was keeping his word.

Micah sighed again, pulling away from me. He didn't even turn to look at me this time, his eyes focused on the contents of the mansion through the open door. He mumbled, "Something I don't want you to see."

With those last words, his regret for allowing me to even follow him coming through, he entered inside the walls of the coven I once belonged to. I wasn't the only one to follow him, Maverick, Evie, Lucca, Arlynn, Rook, and Lucette quickly following behind us as we all came to stand in the entryway of the lower floor. Lucette was the last one, the sound of the doors reverberating off the walls sent a chill down my spine.

Eris had already recovered from being forced inside by Micah's hand, but what confused me was that she wasn't fazing away from this plane of existence. Instead, she was glancing from each of us with those electric blue eyes filled with so many emotions. The most prominent ones, hate, and retribution...those emotions were heavy set upon us, her tail flicking back and forth behind her body in almost an irritated manner.

Once her eyes locked onto Micah, the voice that came from her lips was hardly human, "So, the little witch did come back to play...though you're too late to save her soul," she giggled, tilting her head to the side which set my nerves on edge. It truly wasn't her at all. She wasn't human...the demon taking complete control over her body.

Micah really is too late.

My heart fell when I caught sight of Maverick's expression out of the corner of my eye. The look of hopelessness didn't go unnoticed, but what hurt me more, was the hurt that he couldn't hide, that possibly it wouldn't be Micah saving her life, but ending it.