Book 8⌇40. His Possession

Chapter 40 ∣  His Possession

*Crossover*

The Omen's Key

(The Blood Magic Series)

The Omen's Key can be found on the account: @DarkR0se5

-Tamsin

I had just finished lacing up my knee-high boots over my dark jeans, making sure everything was in order as Micah had mentioned we'd be leaving today. The three days that Lucifer had given us wasn't nearly enough time and I wished it could have been longer. Maybe at some point, we'll be able to visit more often. After all, I've never seen my father so accepting and for once, it's just my happiness that matters.

I already miss you mom...

With a black tank top slipped on over my bra, I took one last glance around my room, readying myself of the goodbyes to come. I assumed Micah was taking a shower, the water running in the bathroom. So, I decided I better go check on how Maverick and Eris are doing before he follows me and makes everyone uncomfortable.

I love him...but he's not the friendliest to others, especially Maverick.

As I walked down the hallways, reminiscing of the past, I know I didn't grow up in this home, but I do miss all of us being under one roof. It always made me feel safe and brought a security that was hard to describe. I'm not sure where we'll all end up, but at least we can still call one another family.

I'm learning to let go of mine, so I can start my own family with Micah and not have to worry.

I inhaled slowly as I came to a halt just outside of Maverick's bedroom door. Eris hadn't come out yet and I was worried for both of them. He's like the brother I never had...and we'll just forget about the benefits part because that shouldn't have ever happened. As I sighed, knocking on the door, it was only a few moments later when I heard the lock come undone.

When he pulled the door back, Maverick was somewhat surprised to see me standing there. He asked, "Tamsin?"

"H-Hey," I offered a warm smile and said, "we're...going to be leaving soon," I paused, letting that notion sink in with myself before I asked, "how's Eris?"

Maverick's eyes glanced away from me; his dark room only lit by a small lamp on the bedside table. He opened the door further as he turned around and stated, "She's doing much better, just exhausted."

"I can't imagine," I thought about what had happened, "I don't even know where to begin to understand everything she went through." I shifted uncomfortably, knowing I'd really never know the complexity of their own relationship. With Eris being human, I worry constantly for her life if something were to go wrong...

"Hey, I wanted to tell you something before you leave," Maverick interrupted my thoughts, my eyes lifting to meet with his as something I hadn't seen for a while sparked in his depths.

Confidence.

I furrowed my brows and shrugged my shoulders. I'm not the only one who has something to say. Maverick stepped back into his room, allowing me to enter into it. The last time I'd been in here, was when I'd told him the truth behind Eris' death that night, wondering exactly how long Rainier has before Maverick comes for him.

As Maverick closed the door silently behind me, my eyes flickered to the bed. I smiled, Eris appearing to be in peaceful sleep, probably the very first in a long time. The light from the lamp was low, illuminating a small portion beside her, her hands lightly grasping the overs while her chest rose and fell rhythmically.