Book 8⌇9. What Did I Do?

Chapter 9 ∣  What Did I Do?

-Eris

"This is all you're worth. You're a fucking cunt and you'll never be anything more, my little fuck toy," he growled into my ear as his left hand gripped my hip harder. He always made this as painful as possible for me, not even trying to alleviate any of my discomforts. No, he had already told me long ago that I would never receive any pleasure from him. He told me I didn't deserve it, being the daughter of two traitors, I was lucky enough to have my life. He said I should be grateful and put effort into pleasing him...as I was bound to him for eternity.

My head was pounding very hard, almost impossible to open my eyelids. Another wave of nausea hit me hard, the world spinning as I tried to regain my control over waking. The first flash of light in my head, that showed Maverick so close to me, that we had some type of knowledge of who each other were...it was real and the vampires within this coven were not lying.

This memory...however...I didn't know how the two were connected...and if that was Maverick who had said such horrible things to me...

I am so confused!

Screaming, I was woken gently by a cold cloth being pressed against my forehead, "Eris, it's alright, everything's okay," this voice belonged to Evie, the worry did not go unnoticed though, unsure of herself whether I really was okay.

That is reassuring.

"At least she didn't crack her forehead open," Lucca's voice was a drawled-out sigh, somewhere distant in comparison to Evie, "I feel like we have a small child again, only this one gets hurt easily," he stated.

When I blinked my eyelids open, I saw Evie's whitish-blue orbs searching mine. She was sitting on the side of my bed, her head tilting to the side when she replied, "Well, maybe you would be a better father the third time around," she smirked at him and he just shot her a knowing glare.

Trying to sit up too fast, Evie's hand touched my shoulder, keeping me down as I shut my eyes tight as pain took hold of my head, "You need to go easy. I'm incredibly surprised you didn't cause yourself any more damage," her voice was calming, and I opened my eyes once again.

I want answers.

"Is Maverick cruel?" My question caused a sudden shift in Lucca and Evie's expressions, uncertain about how to answer my question. When they wouldn't say anything I angrily stated, "Someone raped me...and I'm seeing some type of memories...but they are broken, and I can't fit the pieces together."

"Maverick would never do anything like that," Evie replied appalled by my comment, siding with her son very quickly, though Lucca was trying to figure out what I was talking about.

Lucca and Evie appeared to be having some silent conversation that I was not a part of, attempting to sit up again. Lucca's eyes snapped to me and his voice was gentle when he explained, "Whatever you saw...that wasn't Maverick."

"How do you know? How do you know when even I don't know?!" I felt like crying, the pain of these flooding visions, memories, dreams...whatever!!! It just hurts!

"Maverick explained that...you were once a...sex slave," Lucca's words made my blood run cold, drawing it away from my face and making me feel sick again, "he said, your past wasn't a pretty one and that should probably have remained forgotten."

When Evie finally let me sit up on my own, I couldn't stop the tears from falling down my cheeks. It was hard, trying to believe those while my mind was playing tricks and ruining my sanity. I wanted to believe everything they were saying and that maybe Maverick had been my knight in shining armor or something like that, but with these broken memories...there was no way of telling what was real and what wasn't.