Broken (5) From Trey.

Broken (5) -

From Trey's Point Of View at that moment in time when he was 14.

After the call from Khayla, I was confused about what would come next for me and her, she didn't want me the way I wanted her. She had Ash, I was in competition with him and it was killing me inside. How could I tell Khayla that I didn't feel needed? I was a boy and a strong one at that but this was burning me up inside. I just kept avoiding her but that didn't do me anything better as I got paranoid. I knew they were meeting up, I knew that she was with him. When she called me to get "permission" to go, I had to see it for myself so I went and she was walking out, all different. I couldn't explain it but she was different. She looked shocked to see me so they must of done something surely.

I don't even know why she "chose" me, I have nothing to give her anymore, she had all of me when she decided that Ash could be her one.

Dami is my girl next door, I know a cliche but she honestly is, I actually never noticed her until she said "Hi." to me one morning on my way to school, from then on we started to talk and she knew about Khayla but she always kept her distance and never did anything considered to be over the line.

Dami: Black (African), dark brown eyes which caught the light every now and then to turn into a light brown, average body shape, hair permed and her dress sense was very urban.

Losing my virginity to Dami wasn't the best decision of my life but it wasn't a pressured one either because I cared for her and she cared for me. I didn't consider it cheating on Khayla more like payback for what she at the time was putting me though. It just happened, I was at my house waiting for Khayla to call me, email me back, text me...anything but it never came so I went next door to Dami's because I wanted someone to talk too, maybe get some advice from.

She let me in almost instantly and let me talk as if to free my tension and we ended up moving on from Khayla and talking about our friendship, one thing led to another and you know. Ok, not the best explanation but at least, I felt needed and cared for which Khayla wasn't doing. She was messing with my emotions, stepping on them like I was a piece of garbage. I didn't need to be treated this way so I went somewhere else.

..........

My phone was started to vibrate off my bed, I picked it up just as it was going to slip off.

It was Dami.

"Hey..what you up too today?"

"Hey and um nothing. Why you calling me, you're just next door haha?"

"I know but come round please."

"Why?"

"Just come round."

"Ok."

She sounded a little serious but maybe it's nothing.

......

After getting my shoes on, I walked out of my house, jumped the fence and knocked on her door to which the door was already open so I let myself in and went upstairs. Dami's bedroom door was open so I just walked in and she was on her bed on her laptop.

"HEY!" I said.

She looked upset so I went over to her bed to confort her.

"What's wrong?"

"I want to know what we are. Are we a couple? Friends?..."

She cut me off as I went to answer her.

"What we did was wrong. What about Khayla?"

"Listen Dami, I care about you but I don't know what I'm going to do about us, I've been with Khayla since I was eleven so what can I do? What do you want me to do?"

"I want us to be together, you said that before, that that's what you want."

"I know but now it's more complicated."

"You said that Khayla cheated on you but I heard that she didn't, I heard that she was just there for Ash but not there you know how you think, what we did stepped over the line but she didn't do that to you."

"How would you know that?"

"I heard it from AJ. AJ doesn't lie and if Ash did have sex with Khayla, don't you think that he would brag?"

I began to think, I took one last look at Dami and walked down the stairs, out the door and into my house.

That night, I laid on my bed and thought about what I did.