Broken (6)

Broken (6)

After I chose Trey, things sort of went back to normal but he was just a little "frigid" because he didn't want to hug or kiss me much. When I asked him why he didn't and doesn't say anything, I thought we was back on track, I guess we are back where we started.

Myself and Ash don't really talk anymore, it's a case of if one of us sees each other, we cross the street. What would I say to Ash? I can't say sorry because at the same time, it isn't right, he loved me and even though I can't be with him, that will never change because he was a part of my life.

I wanted to get to the bottom of why Trey wasn't talking to me much and I didn't want to call him.

One: I had no credit to call him on my mobile because my mum is always saying she will do it but never does.

Two: I couldn't call on the house phone and talk to him about it because if someone else picked up another phone in the house, they could hear our whole conversation.

Three: It was better if I did it face to faces so I knew if he was lying or not.

Four: I needed to get out of the house, I had chores that I didn't want to do.

I had to still use the house phone to see if Trey was home and if I could come over so I went to the living room from my room. In the living room, my brother was sitting on the sofa with his girlfriend Emma. She was nice when she was by herself but when with my brother, they both never noticed me only because when they were together, they in their words "saw each other". On the sofa, Emma was lying on my brother's lap. I walked towards the phone stand to see it wasn't there.

"Bro, who has the phone?"

He signalled Emma off him and then moved his hand across the sofa to reveal the phone.

"Here."

I took it from him.

"Thanks."

"Who are you calling?"

"Trey."

"I swear you was on a break." He looked confused.

While I was making up my mind on who to choose, I told my brother the situation as both boys at the time was starting to call the house phone and as you know, I didn't want to talk to anyone. I told him to help me but of course, he said to me to make up my own mind.

"I chose Trey."

"Oh."

"What do you mean Oh?"

"Nothing."

"You do."

"Fine, I don't think he's good for you."

"I make my own decisions."

"I know." He sighed.

I just rolled my eyes and left the room with the phone in hand. I punched in Trey's house number and then waited for him to pick up as he usually does.

"Hello?" His mum picked up.

"Hey it's Khayla, is Trey there?"

"No love, he's next door at Dami's but I can give him a message if you want."

"No thanks, I'll just go surprise him at Dami's."

"Ok, bye."

I hung up. Dami was Trey's next door neighbour, she was alright I guess but all she said to me was Hi so she didn't really make a impression on me.

I put the phone back on the stand, went upstairs, had my bath, creamed, changed into my clothes (which were black skinny jeans, sparkly blue top and simple blue ballet shoes which were also sparkly to match my top) and then picked up my usual essentials to leave the house.

"BRO, I'LL BE BACK LATER!" I had to shout as the living room door was closed and I was outside poking my head though the door.

"OK, DON'T COME BACK TOO....!" I didn't catch the end of his sentence.

"OK!"

I shut the door and made my way to Trey's house which was just a short bus ride away as it was too far to walk and I wanted to get there quickly. I could catch any bus there as all the buses go down the same road. It was about a fifteen minute journey away so I would be there in no time.

The bus stop was about two minutes away so I got there quite quickly and just sat there listening to some music on my iPod waiting for the bus to come. Music was my release and sometimes I don't notice things/people around me as the music takes me away so when I felt a headphone come out and a tap on my shoulder, I knew I was ignoring someone. I looked to my left and Ash was sitting there.

"I just saw you and I wanted to say Hi, that's all."

"Oh, hi Ash."

"Where you heading?"

"To Trey's" I said it very coyly as it was a little embarrassing considering what happened.

"Oh kool." He looked away for a minute.

"Where you going?" I said trying to lift the mood.

"Just to the town centre."

"What you buying?"

"Valentine's present."

"Aww. For who?"

"My girlfriend."

"Aww, I'm happy for you."

The bus came and I got up to go.

"Um, this is my bus, bye."

"Bye."

I didn't hug him or anything, I just got on to the bus and sat down next to the window which was the side of where Ash was now sitting alone. I looked at him and he was already looking at me, our eyes were locked until the bus started and again we were parted.

The fact he had a girlfriend obviously bothered me but why shouldn't he be happy? I am.