Broken (25) - The Truth Hurts

Author's Note: Thanks for the wait. Keep on commenting and voting. Enjoy. xox

I was in my room after the realization of not being pregnant. I told my mum about the slight change in myself as I'm not used to being ill or any changes. She said it should be puberty but she would still take me to the doctor if I am that worried. I'm not but I want to be sure. She made the appointment for next week. So far everything in my life has happened on the same day week after week so it's a case of what next?

*The Following Week*

"Khayla!"

My mum was calling me from downstairs.

"Yeah."

"Trey is at the door."

"Tell him to come up."

"Alright."

I was in my bed still but the door had been previously flung open by my mum to get me up for the day of my doctor's appointment. All day yesterday I was physically sick. My head was literally apart of the toilet but I hid it well from Calvin.

Trey didn't know I was ill or anything so around him; I've just been acting normal.

"Khay, why are you still in bed?"

"Tired."

He came from standing at my door and sat on the end of my bed.

"Your mum told me that you have a doctor's appointment though."

"She shouldn't have told you but yeah I'm going to get up at some point."

"Why shouldn't she? What's wrong with you anyway?"

"Just because I know how you like to worry."

"Kha, you were the one that when I had a sour throat saying I should go hospital, ringing doctors, looking up treatments so who's the panicky one? Haha"

"Haha I'm not panicky just concerned."

I pulled a face and he leaned forward to tickle me. I pulled back reluctantly.

"What's wrong?" His face changed from a smile into a questionable one.

"Umm....ahh......"

"KHAYLA!!!! Don't make me come up there!" My mum shouted at me at the right time.

"I'm sorry Trey.......bathroom."

"Alright, do you want me to go?"

"You can stay and wait for me to come out if you want then leave when we do."

"Yeah, ill do that."

"You can downstairs and watch TV if you want."

"Yeah."

Trey left the room and I got up from my bed which was warm just as I was getting up. A flash of cold came around me which made me want to jump back into my bed but then my mum's harsh sounding words danced in my head.

I searched my draws for underwear and today's clothes before picking up a sanitary towel. My period was overdue by three days and every day since I kept checking anyway just in case to no luck. Maybe they were just being irregular.

After bathing, getting dressed, doing my hair and make up I walked downstairs to the living room to see Trey spread out on my sofa. I sat on his legs and he laughed at me as he retaliated by kicking me off.

"Why'd you do that for?" I managed to say through laughter.

"I was enjoying my leg room not with the added weight of a Khayla."