Broken (24) From Khayla and Trey - Scary Changes?

Broken (24)

Author's Note: This is meant to be set a week since Khayla's birthday.

Thanks to the continued readers who have been committed to my story, that do vote and comment to keep the story going. Anyway enjoy! x

Scary Changes?

I've spoke to Trey since the night of my birthday and we are getting back on good terms slowly. He's still a bit emotional about my feelings for Ash but I'm working on it as I want Trey to be in my life. After all he was the one that I was fighting for all that time.

I've spoke to Ash since my birthday as well but briefly. I think myself and him are going to try to start again but as friends. Trey doesn't know and I don't want him to know right now. I don't want Trey to worry and plus me and Ash aren't going to do anything.

..........

Today is the anniversary of Trey's dad's death. I'm going round to Trey's house to support him as it has just been one year of his death, I can see how Trey needs me the most right now as the whole thing is still fresh in his mind. Trey told me that earlier in the week, his brother Vonte arrived from university. Since he came, Trey hasn't been at home instead he has been at his uncles. However when I meet him, he should be back at his mums house where Vonte is already of course. Vonte and Trey before their father's death were the perfect brothers. They were like the best of friends and tighter than brothers. Everywhere Vonte was, Trey was as Trey looked up to his older brother. In fact I have Vonte to thank for me and Trey getting together but since their dads death everything has changed for the worse.

They hardly talk anymore if at all. No bond is there and Trey treats Vonte like an enemy. Vonte has tried to get back in Trey's life but you can only try so hard when some people are set in their ways.

I decided to call Trey to see if he was up and ok. As the voice of the voicemail neared, he finally picked up sounding as though he had just woke. His voice was croaky as well as though he had a sour throat.

"Hello."

"Trey, its 11am, why are you still asleep?"

"Overslept."

"Trey, you know what today is so why did you oversleep?"

"Listen I want to blank out today....."

His voice didn't fully sound as though he had just overslept. He sounded slightly drunk/hung-over. Trey has only been drunk once and that was at his dad's funeral so this would make sense for him.

"Trey!" I interrupted.

"Argh! Babe, don't shout yeah? Quiet voice."

He doesn't call me babe. He is drunk/hung over.

"You hung-over?"

"Slightly babe slightly."

"When did you stop drinking?"

"I dunno 4am."

"Babe, I'm coming over now ok? Just stay where you are."

"Ok babe, I love you."

Drunk I love you's aren't the type I respond to.

"Hmm."

I hung up. I had my dress on already as I was going to leave at about 12 but I didn't mind going earlier to comfort Trey. As I put on my gold gladiator sandals to add colour to my black strapless dress; I realized my bag was still upstairs so I called to Calvin.

"Where is it K?"

"In my room on my desk."

He went in my room and instantly came out again. He threw it down to my open arms ready to catch it.