Broken (28) - Trey, Khayla And Dami. (Can't Cope)

Broken (28) - Can't Cope. (Trey's Point Of View)

Author's Note:

*5 months to go*

Today was the day of Khayla's scan where we find out the sex of the baby. I had left the house, didn't even get far and she called me.

"Where are you? You weren't here this morning."

"I had somewhere to go."

"Oh gosh Trey! You're still coming to my scan though aren't you?"

"Yeah I am."

"Alright well I'm going to head in the bath now, but make sure you're there by 1:40pm!"

"I will Kha, love you"

"Love you too."

I stood outside the house still frozen.

*Last Week (Flashback)*

She got up to come closer to me.

"Dami, don't......

Dami sat back down. She had called me to see me about something 'important' so I gave up my morning to see her.

.....Can you just say what you have to say?"

"I was pregnant and..."

"Dami, don't go round in a circle. Get to the point!"

"I had an abortion, it was our baby." She said in a silent voice.

"Why would you? Why wouldn't you come to me about it?"

"You left me and went on to have a child with Khayla."

"You're lying to me."

"So what you think rumours start for nothing. I was pregnant and she was yours."

"She?"

"She was a girl."

"Yeah."

"How could you do that without me there?"

"I wasn't mentally ready and the doctor agreed with that so he gave me the abortion. I thought about it and I wasn't ready."

She got up again to come closer.

"Dami, don't come near me!"

"I'm not. I'm going to the drawer to prove it."

"How?"

She opened a kitchen drawer, pulled out something, and then flung it at me.

I caught it and looked at it. It was her ultrasound picture. She was pregnant. She would have had my first child.

"Is that enough, Trey?"

"I'm sorry."

"So am I."

That was around the time I was cheating on Khayla. I concieved a child with the girl I cheated with and I didn't get a say in what happened. A part of me felt betrayed but why was she telling me? What did I have to do with this now?

"Can I leave now? What's done is done. I can't change what happened."

I got up and stormed across to her front door.

"You can. How do you even know Khayla ........?"

I slammed the door before I could hear the rest of her outburst. I didn't want to hear her mad mouth Khayla. I couldn't go straight back next door to my house because it would be obvious to Khayla where I was so I decided to go to Samuels house which was down the street not far. My brother was at his house again and I felt like I should talk to him about this. It was 12:25 so I have time before having to go home myself.