Broken (13) From Ash.

After I got off the phone to Khayla, I wasn't expecting her to call me back so fast. She called me back more or less ten minutes later in floods of tears barely getting her words out, I didn't know what to do about it all so I decided that I might as well just listen to her cry and wait for her to calm down so I could make sense of the situation.

"Khayla, calm down, take a minute and literally let it all out."

"Ooo...k."

Now wasn't a good time to crack jokes so I decided that I would just think them up instead of say them.

Between sniffling and nose blowing, she managed somehow to calm down in an impressive two minutes and forty seconds.

"What's wrong, K?"

"My dad sat me down and was like Khayla, I have something to tell you."

"Yeah and?"

"He was telling me how..*sniffle.*"

"Khayla!"

"What?"

"You had me there, can you get it out?"

"Yeah, sorry, he was telling me how. KHAYLA, COME BACK DOWNSTAIRS, YOU GOT IT WRONG!"

Cara was shouting at Khayla, this always happens when we are on the phone, something gets good then someone else interrupts. In life, why are there so many interruptions?

"Ash, I have to go."

"I know."

"Hehe, sorry."

"It's fine."

She hung up. I wasn't fine with it but I had no choice of not being fine with it because that was how life had to be if I still stood any chance of dating Khayla when she was over Trey. I didn't want to be the other guy or the rebound guy, I just wanted to be her guy which meant waiting.

"Ashley!"

"Yeah, mum."

"I'm leaving you with Kelly while me and Nathan head out."

"Ok."

Kelly was my half-sister and Nathan was my step dad but I called him dad as my real dad died when I was younger from cancer but I cant really remember him that much but from what my mum told me, he was horrible so I love him and hate him in that respect. I respect my step dad more though because he has helped this family a lot so I call him Dad for respect purposes. Anyway Kelly was four so she had to obviously be supervised which meant no going out for me.

"Did you have plans, Ashley?"

"Nah mum, I don't mind."

"That's my boy."

She came and kissed me on the forehead which made me feel a little better about not going out but even if I did go out tonight, I wouldn't of told my mum because I don't, I just sneak out. I guess, it makes my life a little more exciting which helps fill my life a little more.

"I'll be back later, don't wait up."

"Alright."

As soon as my mum left, Kelly stumbled into the room on cue.

"Hi, Ash." She added a wave.

This is going to be a long night.

"Hi Kelly, how does a movie sound?"

She smiled. Even though she was four, she just stuck to words she knew for definite and she used her emotions more than words which made teachers at her school to think she was a little "slow" so she was put in the "slow learning's" group even though my mum protested there was nothing wrong with her. The whole thing had an impact on Kelly and now she speaks less than she used too which didn't help my mums case so Kelly stayed in the "slow" club. I felt sorry for her and the world, she has to grow up in but she has me.

I picked her up and took her down the stairs. Once I put her down, she ran into the sitting room, presumably to sit onto the cushions. I walked into the kitchen to get popcorn and a drink. I needed something to get me through two hours of Cinderella.

"Ash, Phone!" Kelly said as she stomped in.

"Thanks, I'm coming soon, ok?" I replied as I took it from her.

"Ok." As soon as she stomped in, she stomped out until her footsteps could no longer be heard.

"Hello?"

"Ash, we can have that talk now?"

"Oh Khayla, why didn't you call my phone?"

"No credit and I'm calling off my house phone so you know."

"Yeah...so tell me."

"My mum and dad are getting a divorce."

"Oh."

"You don't have to say anything, I'll be with my dad whilst Calvin and Cara are with my mum."

"Why do you want to be with your dad?"

"I'm closer to him then everyone else in the house."

"Oh."

"Ash, you can say something."

"I know but are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Oh."

"ASH!"

"Sorry, its hard to have a comeback to this and you're fine with it which makes it even more weird."

"I saw it coming, they never where together."

"Oh."

"Ash, give one more oh and I'm coming over there and hitting you up."

"mhm. Oh. Haha."

"That's a provoked Oh."

"So? It was still an oh."

"True."

We continued talking in that tone for a while, the chat was light hearted and throwback comments which weren't much but it was a lot to us. It was just normal, boy girl chat.

"Khayla, come over to save me from Kelly and Cinderella."

"Ok, Mr Prince Charming."

"YAY, thanks Cinderella."

I felt someone tugging on me.

"Ash, I'm waiting." She had a cute mean look on her face which she had often when I held her up.

"Sorry, I'm coming."

"You said that before.

Women.

"I really am this time."