Broken (29) - Khayla and Trey (End Of An Era)

Broken (29) - End Of An Era.

*Two Months to Go*

Trey and I decided to name our daughter Leah (Lee-ah) as we just liked the name and thought it blended well with our names as well. Her full name would be Leah Anderson-O'Neil. She hasn't got any middle names as we thought her surname was a bit much. Anderson is Trey's surname and O'Neil is mine. I wanted a double-barrel as I thought it was important to show both our names on there as we are both part of her.

I was ready to give birth now in fact as I just wanted to be able to move freely again. The extra weight of carrying a baby was increasingly stressful on my back so I was always sitting or lying down. I spent most of my day watching TV and reading books on childbirth and newborns. I had to leave school when I hit six months into my pregnancy just because the constant walking and the pressure was too much for me to handle. As I've had the time off, I've been at my home more trying to work things through with the family that seemed to dessert me. Though my mum works with kids, I've been practicing on them a little.

"Mum, am I holding her right?"

"Yeah. Support her head against your arm.....yeah like that."

I was holding a newborn baby. She was born just a few weeks ago but her mum had to go back to work. I didn't want to be like that. It would be as though I was deserting my own child so soon into their birth.

"You're going to be a good mum but before your time."

"I know...."

"Why weren't you thinking?"

"I was but not about the possibilities."

"Is there Trey alright?"

"He's still in school but he said he'll take time off when she is born."

"Well at least he can help you out for a few weeks."

"Yeah and we've decided on a name."

My mum picked up one of the children she cared for and began to wipe her face. She had literally demolished a yogurt all over her face. The little girl giggled as my mum wiped her face and tickled her before she ran off to play in the dollhouse.

"What was you saying Khayla?"

"We've named our baby."

"Named what?"

"Leah Anderson-O'Neil."

"Aww, simple yet sweet."

"I didn't want anything complicated."

"Well that's best, I see some weird.......TANISHA GET DOWN!.....names lately."

"Yeah I know."

My ring tone played out and I just about picked it up in time with baby Abbey still in my hands.

"Hello?"

"Babe it's me." Trey.

"What's up?"

"Where are you?"

"At my mums, what's wrong?"

"Ash's here."

"Oh. Ill be right back."

*Trey's Point of View.*

"What are you doing here?"

"I needed to talk to Khayla."

"About?"

"I just want to start again with her."

"Why now? She's about to have a baby Ash! Do you really think she needs to deal with it?"