Broken (17) Khayla And Dami.

Broken (17)

Khayla's Birthday Where It All Starts To Get Complicated.

"Khayla!"

"Huh?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

"Huh oh um thanks."

It was my mum waking me up to tell me it was my 14th birthday and as usual I was looking like something out of a car crash, hair everywhere, eye packed with sleep and morning breath enough for the whole house. Every year on the morning of our birthday, my mum would come in and do this with a video camera in hand. I have no clue why but no birthday was complete without this annoying ritual.

"Sweetie, come down stairs to have your breakfast in 10 minutes, ok?"

"Yeah mum, thanks."

I leaned over to my desk and grabbed my phone which was flashing full of texts and missed calls. It was 11:04am so I would expect a few people to be up and getting ready for my party later on.

The first text I opened was Ash's as I knew it would be long and heartfelt. Being his girlfriend was a new experience but worth it as I knew he would make me whole again and happy.

"Hey sis!" Calvin rudely came into my room without knocking.

"What?!?" I said holding my phone to my chest with Ash's message on the screen loading.

"Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks, now can I have some privacy?"

"Yeah yeah, I wanted to give you this before I go out." He handed me a wrapped gift and an envelope.

"Hold on, so you're not coming to my party?"

"Nooo, I don't go to little kids parties." He walked out of my room with a laugh.

I put the gift and envelope down to read Ash's text which I was longing to read.

***

Happy Birthday Baby.. It's the first one I'm your boyfriend for and I know there will be many more to come because I care for you so much so I'm going to make sure that your day is perfect. I got you a huge present. Hope you like it. Ash xox

***

Aww. He was so sweet and I wonder what my present is but for now I was going to get up to get my breakfast because I am hungry. My party starts at 5pm but I wanted to start to get ready at like 3pm because I have so much to do. I wasn't going to set up my own party or anything but a girl had to look good especially on my big day. As I was walking down, my stairs I sent Ash back a text. I didn't even notice my mum was at the door with someone.

"Kha Kha!!"

"Hey Sis!"

As you know, I rarely see my own sister so seeing her on my birthday made it even more special.

"Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks."

"Come, let's eat!"

"Haha okay."

That was my sister for you. Always on food when not in her books but I didn't mind. I needed normality since my mum and my dad announced the divorce. We all still lived in the same house which was tense at times but today it felt united.

My dad wasn't here yet but he was coming at some point before my birthday party. My sister was supervising the party which meant she would be in her room all night until she hears a crash, bang or we knock for help which won't happen.

I ate all of my birthday breakfast with delight. As I got up to put my plate in the sink, I kissed my mum on the forehead then ran upstairs to get in the bath.

......... After Khayla's Bath.........

My phone was vibrating by the time I got out of the bath so I went to check it and it was another text. From Trey. I opened it out of interest.

***

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday and enjoy yourself.

Trey

***

That was the best thing he had sad to me all this time and I was being serious. I made a point of texting back a thank you because I wasn't mean to him after all he did to me. He had what he wanted in Dami and I had what I wanted with Ash so it didn't matter to me what happened. I was fine. As soon as I text him back, I got a reply.

***

That's all good, what you doing today?

***

I text back about my party and I asked him if he wanted to come out of being nice. Even if he did come, I don't think anything would happen with Ash there and no matter what I want Trey to be in my life because he has been part of my life up till then so why stop now?

He text back that he wanted to come but he didn't know because of Ash. I replied telling him the details of the party and obviously he knew where my house was. I wasn't going to tell Ash I invited Trey as I didn't see the point in it. They would have to get along at some point because this was how it was for Ash some months ago when I was still with Trey. Him liking me but me with Trey. Now the roles have reversed and everything has changed.

......After Getting Dressed......

I wasn't dressed in my party clothes as it was early so considering that I was going to go round to Ash's with my party clothes in my bag so I could get ready there.

Me and Ash planned this over the phone a couple of days ago to make a big entrance at my party to make it official to everyone that we was together and staying that way no matter what wants to get in-between us.

****

Dami's View

I was outside Ash's house. I had one last chance to get what I wanted and I knew what I wanted. It was easy. Get Khayla's man.

I knocked on the door and heard a rush of footsteps to the door as though they were eager to see me. When Ash opened his door to see me, the grin that was once on his face wiped off and slowly turned into a frown.

"Oh hi Dami." He said.

"Hey, could I come in, we need to talk?

"5 minutes."

I could understand why he didn't like me after all I did make his girlfriend feel at her lowest but I don't regret that. I regret losing Trey though. He meant a lot to me and still does.

I went to sit in his living room on his sofa. He joined me but a seat was in-between us.

"What do you want to say man....." He was getting slowly pissed off

".....Khayla is gonna be here soon so can you hurry?!?"

That was perfect. Enough time.