Broken (26) - Realisation

Author's Note: The second part of 'Broken (25) - The Truth Hurts'. This follows straight on from where it left off. I do appreciate the votes etc as they keep the story going. The next few chapters will be coming slower than usual but I will update as I can. Thank you - Makedah x

"Hey Trey." I tried to perk up but I failed by a long shot.

"What's wrong?"

"I have something to tell you but in person."

"Alright, do you want me to come over?"

"Yeah if you can."

"Ill ask my mum, hold on."

In the background, I heard Trey shout down to his mother how he was going to mine instead of asking. That I guess was Trey's style which I loved him for strangely. He always tried to make time for me the best way he could. He prioritized like a professional yet acted like he was doing nothing.

"Yeah I can come."

"You didn't even ask."

"Oh you heard that? Haha."

"Yup sneaky one."

"Well I'm leaving now so hold on."

"Alright, bye bye. Love you."

"Bye, love you too."

How do you tell your boyfriend that you love and just got back on the right terms with you were pregnant?

"Khayla?"

My dads head popped round the door. My mum had told him earlier and after a row between them about the raising of me; he stormed out. I guess he was back, calm and ready to approach me.

"Yeah."

"Come sit on the bed and talk with me."

"Ok."

I gathered myself off the floor and dragged my pregnant corpse to my bed. I literally wanted to die this minute. My dad was my hero in life so knowing I've disappointed him which I know I have is crushing me.

"Tell me what happened."

"What do you mean?"

"Tell me what happened that caused this."

"I had sex. Didn't use protection and got pregnant."

"Khayla you know I didn't mean like that but you're 14. Is it because 'everyone' is doing it? Khayla, you are bringing a child into the world and you didn't think about that beforehand....

I looked at him blank. What was meant to say I'm just getting over the shock myself let alone being able to answer for it.

.....Khayla! Answer me!"

"I don't know what to say dad!"

A faint knock sounded through my door.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Its Trey."

My dad got up and opened the door to leave

"Hey Mr O'Neil."

"Trey, I'm constantly telling you to call me Andrew."

My dads face went from disappointment to fake happiness.

I'm guessing my dad didn't want to hint anything to Trey after all I deserve to be the one to drop the bombshell as it is between us.

"Sorry Mr O.....Andrew." Trey flashed that grin that gets him out situations infamously.