Broken (12)

Broken (12)

I was missing Trey even though he was a idiot but I was missing Ash more. Me and Ash were still talking but it was awkward. I told him I was sorry for what I did but he was holding back from me. Anyway I understood because I would be the same way. I was just lying low and making sure that I didn't attract much attention to myself because most people were just being sorry for me and I didn't want people to be sorry for me. I was strong and I would get back to being "Khayla" again once I got over the pain.

Anyway I was on the phone to Ash talking about my birthday as it was in three days and I was having a small gathering at my house. I don't really like parties much because I don't like being the centre of attention so I'm just inviting a few friends and trying to keep it low key.

"Why don't you have a party? It's something to take your mind of all the drama." He said.

"Nah, I don't want too."

"Why?"

"Its going to be a constant reminder of Trey not being there."

"You're still not over him?"

"I cant be."

"Khayla at some point you have to move on because Trey doesn't care about you or he wouldn't be with Dami."

"I know but I love him even though I hate him."

"Have you spoke to him since?"

"Yeah, we text and he wanted to meet up but I couldn't. He text me after that but I just deleted the message and tried to block him out "

"Why couldn't you meet up with him or talk to him?"

"I didn't want to fall for him again."

"See you want to move on."

"I know, I do. But I'm not ready too."

"Ok."

"Ash, what about you?"

"What about me?"

"What about your life?"

"Fine then, I'm Ash, I'm single and I'm also your counsellor."

"Weirdo."

We both giggled.

"Khayla, can you come off the phone and come downstairs please?" My dad was peeping through the door. As I said before he was never here and even when he was, he never talked to me but I still respected him enough to do what he said.

"Ok Dad, I'm coming."

My dad smiled and closed my door.

"Ash..."

"I heard, I'll speak to you later."

"Hehe, yeah bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and then slide off my bed to put my slippers on. Every time I talked to Ash, I felt safe and comfortable which made me life better for a while until I remembered Trey. He was always trying to contact me but I couldn't talk to him the same way knowing that he was with Dami but I had Ash I guess which made it all better.

"Khayla!!"

My dad was inpatient most of the time but it was just because he was always in a working environment so he was used to bossing people around which made home life feel the same way like a business instead of love. However I loved my dad all the same and that was too never change no matter how army like he ran the house.

"Dad, I'm coming!"

I ran downstairs and in my hurry, I stumbled on the last step which made me buckle into the living room where the family was gearing up for the meeting of the life time. Every time we had a family meeting, I felt like dying or crying in some sort of way only because it was always about me and my life. I was the rebellious one in the family because Calvin and Cara were the star students while I was just passing through life never expecting much.

"Khayla, sit down." My mum said from behind me, she was sitting on a dinning table chair so I went and

sat next to my siblings on the sofa.

This was the first time in about three months that we all sat down and actually were about to talk.

"What's up dad?" I exclaimed. I was bored so decided to brighten everyone up with my happy mood which was unsuccessful but I had to try some how.

"As Calvin and Cara know the big news, I thought now would be a good time to tell you Khayla."

"Tell me what?"