Broken (21) - From Trey.

Broken (21) - Trey's Point Of View

I was back with Khayla and that was all that mattered but I saw a glimpse of doubt in her eyes which made me feel uneasy.

As I stood on her landing looking into her eyes, I began to question whether she wanted to really be with me or him.

"Khayla."

"Yeah."

I couldn't ask her now. I had to let her get ready for her party. I didn't want to risk the answer that she could easily give me.

"Go put on your dress and redo your make up, you little panda. Haha."

She punched me playfully.

"Whatever you crying loser. Haha."

I took her joke in good jest, smiled at her and made my way downstairs leaving her to get ready in her room. As I walked down the stairs, I saw her brother Calvin staring at me.

"What are you looking at Cal?"

"I saw your little performance up there."

"Performance?"

"You're going to hurt my sister again and you know it!"

He was the typical brother who was trying to protect his sister. I cheated on her. So I can't blame him for what he was doing.

"I'm not going too. I've changed. The only girl I've ever loved is her."

I looked him dead in the eyes as I told him how I felt. I wouldn't hurt Khayla again but I fear she would hurt me as I have never had to fight for my relationship like I have with Khayla. I was willing to fight for her this time but if Khayla didn't love me, why should I?

Calvin just looked at me straight back, then offered his hand out. This was the first time he had wanted to talk to me. I felt as though I had some sort of respect with him which is what I had wanted to earn for a long time.

"Just be good to her."

"I will."

He looked at me square in the eye one last time then walked out the door not before wishing his mum and dad goodbye.

I sat on the last step of the stairs listening not intentionally to Khayla's parent's conversation. When I had known them, they had always got on so well therefore when they told my mum of their split and she told me, I was in shock. Their split made me think of how I and Khayla could end up if for once and all I don't stop this Ash thing.

"Trey!"

"Yeah."

When I turned round, I saw the stunner that was my girlfriend Khayla. She was all grown up truly. Ok, she may be 14 and have some years to go in terms of development but I could see how much she had matured in herself which made it all the more special for me to see her like this.

"You look pretty..."

I wasn't the best at compliments which was my downfall repeatedly when it came to girls but Khayla saw through that and she embraced me for me which made me feel lucky to have her.

"Thanks." She blushed as usual. Her rosy cheeks made me blush so it. was like the battle of the blushes.

"So..."

"So."

She sat down next to me on the steps and I didn't know whether this was the chance I had been waiting for to ask her or not.

"Khayla."

"Yeah."

"Can I ask you something?"

I knew she could sense the change in my voice. Since my voice broke through, it was quite deep which suited my build which was turning muscular to suit my appearance. I wanted to sound serious so I took it down a tone to let her know I wasn't playing.

"Yeah."

"Do you like Ash?"

"My feelings for him won't disappear just like that."

"So what you need time?"

"Yeah but I want that with you."

"I can't be with you if you like someone else."

"But I love you."

"But you have feelings for Ash."

"So you're telling me, you don't see any other girl as beautiful."

"No because I have you."

The chimes of her door bell rang out. Some guests have arrived and her party was about to start. We had to stop talking and start partying. It was Khaylas birthday after all and I'm sure the drama wouldn't end there.