Broken (9)

Broken (9)

"Yes, Dami."

"I got to tell you something." She looked apprehensive.

"What?"

"Me and Trey...we"

"KHAYLAA!" Trey came running from down the road shouting my name. I walked towards him.

"Trey, what is it?"

"I need to talk to you."

Dami came walking up from behind us and stood next to me with Trey in front of us.

"About what babe?"

"Yeah Trey about what!?!" Dami looked furious.

"Khayla, let's go." He flashed a look at Dami which was like skin to hot water, it burned through her. She looked hurt. I couldn't take the secrets and the lies, I need to know what is going on.

"You know what Trey. NO! I want to know what is going on with you too. NOW!"

"Yeah Trey, tell her or I will!"

*Trey's Thoughts*

This is the moment I'm meant to come clean but how could I when I don't want to lose either anymore. Dami's grown on me. I'm in love with two girls and both love me every boys dream in a way yet I cant make a choice. Common sense says that I should try to make things work with Khayla but things would be easier with Dami.

"Khayla, I don't know how to tell you but I want to be with Dami."

My whole world span around me and I didn't know where I was for a moment before the feeling of numbness hit me and then the hurt and pain plus a dashing of anger.

"Why?"

"I cant explain it. I'm sorry."

I deserved to know why. Why won't he tell me why? I need to know how the best relationship I had has ended.

"Was it me?"

"No, it was me."

I looked at Dami who was in shock herself but yet you could tell she was happy.

"In a relationship, out of it and into another one. Nice, Trey. Nice." After I said that sarcastically, I glared at him and he had that cute look of guilt. He wasn't trying to be cute but it was to me because it reminded me of some memories contained with that look. It amazes me how little things can mean so much and this wasn't just a little thing to me. He was my life, I could say the love of my life but I don't know what the future holds so for now I walked away and didn't look back.

...

Once, I got to my house door releasing my tears was easier because I didn't want Trey or Dami to see me crumble at all. I just sat on the doorstep hunched over letting the tears drop and watching where they went as they made a little trail, my memory played a little movie of all the good times we spent together. After it all stopped playing in my mind, I let reality slip in. I needed to talk to someone so I let myself into my house and shouted out for anyone who may be home.

"Yeah Kay Kay!" Cara, my sister was home. That's a surprise as she was never there but I guess today is my day for them.

I walked up the stairs as she was shouting from her room.

"Can we talk?" I said from outside her door.

"Yeah, come in."

I sat down in one of her beanie bags and got comfy which for me is hard to quickly so I took my time whilst Cara tidied up her revision books to talk to me.

"What's wrong?"

"Me and Trey broke up."

"Why?" She rolled her eyes afterwards.

"Why did you roll your eyes?"

"I sort of knew it."

"How?"

"Sis, we don't talk that much and when we do, its usually serious and something to do with Trey plus Calvin told me that he was cheating on you with some girl."

"Oh and he wasn't cheating."

"Then what was it?"

"He wants to be with Dami."

"Who?"

"His next door neighbour."

"He must have been cheating."

"And how do you know?"

"Think about it Khayla, Trey wants to be with the next door neighbour so on some level, they must be real close and they live closely so you know." She scratched her head.

The problem living with brothers and sisters is they have lived their lives already so they know what is going on and what will happen. Sometimes they don't tell me things because they don't want me too but something like this, they should of.

"How close?" I didn't want her to answer it because really Trey should answer me that.

"Anything between a kiss and intercourse but you're all too young for intercourse...."

"PLEASE don't lecture me about sex."

"I'm not, I'm just saying, you're too young."

"Why didn't Calvin tell me that Trey was cheating?"

"Don't know, ask him when he gets in."

Now I think about it, he did say he wasn't good for me. He should of told me that he was cheating. I need answers.

"Ok sis, I'm going to make a call and watch a little TV."

"Ok."

I rolled out of the beanie bag and I cant just get up because that would take ages and strolled towards the door.

"Oh and Khayla, if you're calling Trey, it's a bad idea."

"Thanks for that."

I shut the door and walked downstairs into the living room. The phone was sitting there on the sofa and I was tempted to pick it up. My hand moved closer and closer to it when I felt a vibration. My phone.

It was a call from a private number but I picked it up because a couple of times, it had been my brother.

"Hello?"

"Khayla, it's Ash."

"Oh, hi."

"I want to be friends Khayla, if Trey allows it."

"Me and Trey split up."

"Why?"

"To keep it short, he's with Dami."

"Oh. Do you me to come over?"

"No thanks."

"I'll bring some ice-cream and a big bottle of something."

You could tell he was smiling on the other side of the phone, his sweetness is part of what made me feel for him in the first place but now I needed to be alone surely.

"Ash, no! I want to be..."

"I'm coming in an hour. Bye."

He hung up. I hate it when people take no for a yes. :/