Broken (27) - What If?

Broken (27) - What if?

Author's Note: I've decided to asterisk how far along she is because it is slightly long having to highlight this in the story all the time. Enjoy and keeping voting, commenting etc. - Makedah x

*5 Months and 1 Week To Go*

Since the announcement of my pregnancy, things have changed more than I would have ever thought.

My dad and Calvin are more distant which has made me feel regretful towards the baby. They were the closest people to me so the fact they have distanced themselves has got to me which according to my mum isn't good for me or the baby. I don't want to stress myself out so I try not to think about it much. Nevertheless it is still in the back of my head contaminating my thoughts.

My mum has been the one that hasn't showed her feelings towards me (apart from her initial anger of finding out) which has made me slightly wary of her. As obviously she has been pregnant before, she has been giving me plenty of tips and advice. The whole situation has pushed me closer to her covering over the bond I had with Dad for now.

And Cara? Cara was told over the phone as to avoid coming home from university and seeing a baby in the living room. She wasn't and still isn't the most happy person in the world for me but she's willing to be there to support me which is all I can ask of her.

Trey on the other hand has been (not to be clique) my rock. He's been concerned with everything I do at times too much but we're trying to make the best out of our situation. I've been staying at his house for two months now as my own home is too tense to be in.

However when we declared the news of our new arrival, Trey's mum very much alike to Trey placed her head in her hands and after about two minutes said "Well nothing can be done now so let's move towards the birth, ok?".

Vonté was like Calvin in the sense of he was disappointed but he wouldn't be affected as like Cara, university was his home for now at least.

"Khayla, just have some fruit please?"

"I don't want fruit babe, I feel like a curry though".

A big grin took over my face as I thought about my imaginary Thai green curry that would be devoured if it laid before me. Trey raised his eyebrow and swiftly dismissed this.

"Not for breakfast. You can have cereal, toast, FRUIT, even some juice."

"Babe, can I have a curry?"

"Babe.....

Trey was parodying the way I say 'babe' which made me giggle.

".....you can't have a curry."

"Well I need something curry-ish."

"What about nan bread and olives?"

"I hate olives, you know that."

"You never know, you might love them now."

Trey was grinning at me. He loved making pregnancy jokes now as he knew they got to me.

"Nope, I will forever hate them."

He moved near me with the bowl of olives and opened them right near my nose.

"Ewwwww Trey, move them away from me!"

"Fine but you're meant to like them now."

"Trey, me being pregnant doesn't suddenly mean I hate everything I loved before being pregnant and I love everything I hated before as well."

"For some women, they do though. I was reading about it yesterday."

"You've researched pregnancy?"

"Well yeah, I don't want the baby to come and I'm all confused."

"So what did you learn?"

"Women have more issues then before and produce a baby at the end."

Cheesy grin followed.

"Trey, we have to be serious about this. This isn't a joke."

"I know, I know but you don't look pregnant yet so I can't."

That was a bad excuse yet I did see where he was coming from. I wasn't showing that much so not taking me serious right now is understandable. I looked more fat than pregnant at the moment.

"Well you're going to have to at some point."

"And I will but now I just can't."

I was hoping the baby would change him into an immature boy to a strong baby-loving man. Maybe I was asking too much of the Trey that when he saw babies ran a mile.

"You know my first scan is in one week and that's when we find out the sex."

"Yeah I've kept that week free, what day and time is it though?"

I got up to get some milk from the fridge but I think I did it a bit too fast.

"Khayla, you alright? Your eyes babe."

I felt the room spinning and Trey was now duplicated in about four versions of himself.

The Trey's were grabbing a glass from the top right cabinet. They then opened the fridge and poured something out.

"Khayla, drink this."

Trey took my hand and sat me back down in my chair which was still let out. He sat next to me and rubbed my back whilst I drank.

"Do you want to lie down?"

"Yeah."

I wasn't dizzy anymore but more shaken because it was unexpected. Trey helped me to the living room because he saw the stairs as a hazard. I laid down and watched Trey as he exited the room.....

*Trey's Point Of View*

When I entered the room again with a blanket to cover Khayla to keep her warm, she was asleep for the 3rd time today. I laughed a little, then covered her. As I walked out the room, I made sure to silently close the door. Vonte was coming down the stairs about to leave to go out somewhere.

"Where you going?" I asked.

I was 'inner' my brothers business. I usually didn't interfere with people but my brother I kept hold of all the time as we know what happened last time.

"Samuel's house."

"Ooh alright."

"How's Khayla?"

"She felt dizzy so I got her to lie down then she fell asleep."

"Aww daddy Trey taking care of mummy Khayla"

"Wow, being called daddy is going to be weird."

"Get used to it."

"I ain't even thought about that yet - being called daddy at some point and being a daddy."

"You need too."

"Why does everyone say that? She's only like a month in and everyone is making me stressed about what I should be doing or have to."

"I know but her pregnancy will go quick and before you know it, you'll have a little person in your arms."

I pulled a face at him. I knew this already. Why he felt the need to repeat it? I have no clue. I knew I was going to be a dad. I knew things would change. I knew it all. It just hadn't hit me yet.

"I know Vont. I know."

"Okay.......

He gave me a funny look as to say you don't know the half of it.

....anyway bye and good luck haha"

He said good luck because Khayla's mood was constantly up and down. One moment, she was happy and allowing to touch her belly etc. The next literally repulsed by my touch.

This was a lot to deal with and the one person I needed to be here was six feet under. I knew if my dad was here, everything would be different. Khayla being pregnant has made me realise that one person can change everything.

Everyone thinks I want the baby but what if I don't? What if I just want things to go back to the way it was? What if I don't want to grow up?