Broken. (10) From Ash

Broken (10) - From Ash.

I only called Khayla because I wanted us to be proper friends again. You see when you've loved someone for so long, you cant just let them go, its hard on you and everyone around you as well. I hurt me when she rejected me the first time, I was angry as well don't get me wrong but more hurt because I've loved her since I first saw her and no one could question that. Since Trey came into the picture, I realised this more and more, my passion grew for her.

My friends told me don't go for her but I had to. It was the blood a vampire needed to live. The air that humans had to breathe to live. She was mine. My vice.

That's why when I saw her at the bus-stop before I lied. I don't have a girlfriend in a way I will I did but it would have to be her.

I came out of my house wearing my grey Nike tracksuit with black trainers making sure that I had enough money to get the ice cream and a bottle of something. I don't drink and even if I did, I obviously couldn't buy it so it would have to be non alcoholic. The ice cream would be chocolate because that was Khayla's favourite. Mine as well.

"Ash!"

I knew the voice it was Trey as I anticipated. He was pacing towards me with a look of anger on his face.

"What, Trey?"

"Where you going?!?"

"Why do you care?"

"If you're going round to Khayla's, don't!"

"And why shouldn't I?"

"Because this whole situation is none of your business and I know you, you're just gonna get with her and show in my face!"

"Listen Trey I could care less about what YOU did to Khayla, I'm just there for her as a friend."

In the distance, Dami was standing there with a sombre look on her face, I began to walk away when Trey spun me back round.

"LEAVE HER ASH!"

I stared him right back in the face.

With that, walked away. I don't understand why Trey even cares, he and her split whereas I would of never done that. When I looked back, Trey was gone.

...

Once I bought all the goodies, I made my way to Khayla's which wasn't far from the shop as her house was practically across the street. As I crossed the road, Trey's words repeated themselves in my head, am I doing the right thing?

I feel a vibration and switch on my headset to answer the call.

"Hello?" I didn't look at my phone to see who it was so I didn't know who it was.

"Ash, it's me. Khayla."

"Oh."

"Where are you?"

"Coming now, I'm across the street. Look out of your bedroom window."

I knew her window faces the street.

"Ok."

I saw a fumble of her blinds and then Khayla."

"Hi."

"Hi."

We both waved at each other and giggled. It was like a scene from Romeo and Juliet but with more giggling. I hung up on her so I could cross the road and there was no point of wasting phone credit when I can see her in my vision. She was there when I crossed the road with the door open for me, I went straight through to the living room.