Born to shine (3)

"Happy Birthday Lizzie!" Marco and Elise said as soon as I entered the kitchen. It had been a few days since I had come back. I smiled whole-heartedly at them.

"Thanks guys!" I said and then hugged them both. I never got to celebrate my birthday last year because I was on tour so I guess I get to do something this year.

"That's alright Lizzie." Elise said excitedly. Marco rolled his eyes at her enthusiasim.

"She has been too excited about this. I swear it was beginning to get annoying." Marco said. Elise hit him on the arm. I then realised someone else was in the room. It was Kaitlyn- Marco's girlfriend. She smiled at me and then got off her seat and then walked over to me to embrace me.

"Happy Birthday Lizzie." She said.

"Thank you Kaitlyn." I replied.

"How many times have I told you to call me Kate!" She scolded. I smiled sheepishly.

"I've been on tour for long so let me adjust!" I said defending myself. She laughed and then went over to Marco. He grabbed her by the waist and then twisted her so she was facing him and then kissed her.

"Eww! PDA alert!" I said playfully and covered my eyes. I peeked through my fingers and saw that they had broken apart and were now laughing. They looked at eachother lovingly. I sighed. Marco is so lucky that he has found someone to love! Someone that would always be there for him. And for that i secretly envy him. But it's nothing major.

"Don't worry Lizzie. One day you'll find someone to PDA with. Just you wait." Elise said. She just like read my mind. Or am I just obvious? I decided to let it go and focus on more important things. Like presents.

"So what did you guys get me?" I asked eagerly.

"First we cut the cake Liz." Marco said.

"Cake? What's the point of getting cake when there are just four of us." I said and then the door bell rang.

"Well to be correct there are going to be seven of us." Elise said and then went to go open the front door. Who else could there be? Before I could ask my question it was already answered. I heard Tony, Johnny and Mark make their way towards the kitchen.

"Do you actually think we would forget your birthday?" Tony said and then put a hand mockingly on his heart to show that he was apalled. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Do I have presents?" I asked. Mark then rolled his eyes at me.

"Of course and it's great to see you too!" He said.

"Oh yeah... Hi Mark, Tony and Johnny! It great that you are here. So... what did you get me?" I asked. For some unexplainable reason I felt happy today. Maybe it was the borthday spirit which was going around or the happiness was contagious.

"Hold your horses Liz. We shall have cake first." Johnny said.

"Okay, okay." I said and then made my way to the island. I looked at the cake. It said 'Happy 18th Birthday Lizzie!' and had colourful, musical notes around it made with icing.

"Thank you! I love the cake!" I said.

"Make sure to make a wish." Johnny said. I gave him a small real smile. I leaned down to blow out the flames. I made a wish and then Elise gave me a knife to cut the cake.

"Happy Birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy Birthday Lizzie,

Happy Birthday to you!" They sang. I cut a slice of the cake and then popped some of the cake in my mouth. I savoured the taste.

"Okay Lizzie, stop hogging the cake I'm hungry." Johnny complained making everyone laugh.

"Seriously I am hungry." He said. I gave the knife back to Elise and let her cut the slices and let me go and see what i have gotten.

"Lizzie at least eat your cake." Marco said knowing my intention.

"Okay..." I said and went back to my slice of cake.

I nearly choked on it as everyone talked and exchanged jokes making me laugh. After everyone had eaten it was finally time for presents.

I recieved an engraved guitar pick and CD from Mark, two concert tops from Tony, a CD and charm from Johnny. Kaitlyn and Marco gave me a necklace which had my name spelt in little dimantes and Elise gave me a pair of diamond earrings. I was ver grateful for my presents and thanked everyone.

*

"Hey Lizzie." Elise said.

"Hmmm?" I said as I mindlessly strummed my guitar with my new pick. She entered my room and I sat up properly on my bed.

"I've got you something." she said. I looked and saw that she had a little box in her hand.

"What is it?" I asked curiously and then pulled my guitar from my lap. She opened the box and showed me what was inside.

I saw a necklace which was softly draped into the smooth velvet of the interior of the box. The necklace had a star on it. The star had loads of little diamonds encrusted in the centre of the star. I stared at the beautiful piece of jewellery.

"It's beautiful." I said. I saw Elise smile from the corner of my eye.

"It's yours." she said. I turned to her.

"Really?" I asked making sure.

"Yep." she answered.

"Wait, why didn't you give me earlier?" I asked.

"Because this is from mum." she said.

"Why are you giving me this now?" I asked.

"Because she asked me to give it on your eighteenth birthday." she said. My eyes started to tear up a bit.

"When did she ask you?" I asked quietly.

"When you were in the coma three years ago. Before she died she asked me to give you this. I have one too, I got it when I was eighteen. It has been passed down." she explained. I nodded.

"Thank you." I said and then carefully closed the box and took it.

"Don't thank me. I'm just giving it to you." she said.

"I'm thanking you for being the one to give me. Elise you are the best sister ever and I can't imagine life without you. I love you sis." I said. She put her arm around me.

"Lizzie you were young when they died so it hurt you the most. Me? I could never be as strong as you are. And I love you too little sis." she said. A lonely tear streamed down my face. I hastily wiped it away.

"I miss them." I said after a while.

"I do too. We just have to live with it I guess." she replied. I smiled at her, hoping that one day I would find my happiness.

- okay so what do you think? I updated twice today because I am not sure when I am going to update next. I have school starting next week so yeah.... This is dedicated to 4d0r4ble for being an epic friend! You are awesome! :) and sorry guys I know this chapter is short but please bear with me!