Born to Shine (20)

*~* Shane's POV *~*

"And time has run out." The presenter said signalling that the interview was finally over. I gave an easy smile to the camera and audience before shaking the presenter's hand and exiting the stage.

"Great interview dude but is Lizzie McGaugh actually like that? The things you said?" Dylan asked. He was a roadie who I became friends with. I saw him quite often.

I shrugged. What I had said wasn't something I was going to take back. I've done it.

"She's something. Not a person I would be friends with or wish to know. I am just pissed at the sh!t the media is fishing out." I answered. He nodded.

"You know she might've been watching that?" He said uneasily. I once again shrugged. I didn't care.

"And what? Most of those things I have said to her face. So TV is nothing special."

"Okay but let's just hope that the outcome isn't terrible." He muttered. I began to get irritated. Why was everyone on her side? Why did they pity her? She didn't need it, there's nothing wrong with her.

"Look man I don't care. It's her problem. I said what I wanted. It wasn't pleasant but I can't take it back now, it's already done." I clarified. He nodded obediently. I smirked and punched with in the arm.

"It was good speaking to you Dylan. See you around man." I said and turned on my heel to leave the place. Dylan muttered good bye as I left. As soon as I was out of the building, I walked room my car. I sat down on the comfortable leather seats and started the car by jamming the keys into the ignition.

I drove smoothly through the streets of New York towards the board house.

I was satisfied that people weren't going to look at Lizzie the same way they did before. Well I hope they don't. It's not like she's going through anything bad in her life, yes Matt constantly reminded me that she was but that doesn't affect me.

She brought this upon herself.

She did always look sad whenever I saw her... I shook my head. What was I thinking? This was all an act for a pity party! I wasn't going to give my sympathy. Neither was I going to let myself feel guilty either.

I soon drove past a cemetery. I remembered that I was to soon go there. It was a few years ago my girl friend- the girl I loved with all my heart died. Deciding that it was a good time figuring it was better to delay getting back to the board house I pulled up. I noticed another another slightly familiar car but couldn't put my finger on to who it belonged to.

Deciding I didn't care I exited my car and entered the cemetery. I walked along the muddy ground towards her grave.

Madison Greenwood. I remembered her soft hair and beautiful eyes as I looked at the grave. I also remembered her alluring voice which was like music. I still loved her always will. I couldn't imagine loving another.

"I love you Maddy." I whispered. After staring at her grave I realised look wasn't the only one in the cemetery. I stood up from my crouched position and looked around.

I nearly missed it but I saw a girl kneeling down in front of a grave. The only thing that got my attention was that she had red hair, the same as Lizzie's. Curiousity rose. I wanted to know if it was her. I walked stealthily towards the girl making sure I wasn't heard. When I was close enough I heard what she was saying.

"I don't know why Shane did what he did. But most of all what I want to know is what I had done. I... I just need to know why he hates me so much, it's getting out of hand. I also wish that I could be stronger, people assume that I am strong because of my lack of socialization. But what could I do? I think I'm going to make myself go numb so I don't have to feel pain again." She said. It was Lizzie. I took a step back but accident caused a sound. She alerted and looked around. She saw me.