Born to Shine (36)

*Still Lizzie's POV*

I came to my sense after one cut. It was deep, close to my vein luckily it didn't let me bleed to death. It was half ten, I had wasted half an hour. By this point I had chosen to ignore Trisha's and Johnny's attempts to get me out of the bathroom. It was easy to ignore the constant shouting, pleading and taps on the door.

I threw the blade into the little bin, covering it from sight and straightened my appearance. Make up wasn't smudged across my face because I had chosen not to wear any, yet my eyes were red and puffy matching my mused hair. No where near appealing, I could only wonder to what Shane could be thinking now. Would I still be beautiful in his eyes?

I didn't waste a second on the lingering thought; I rushed out the ensuite and grabbed my laptop. I waited impatiently for it to start up, so to save time I looked up at the frantic people. I consciously shifted my arm to hide the cut from their view.

"Yes?" I asked, surprised at the contradiction in my voice. Soft but snappy.

"What are you doing?!" Trisha demanded. That got me thinking.

What was I doing?

My thoughts lingered with my previous encounter with Mark.

It's nice the one who possibly do the crime but doesn't have to do the time.

His words. He said that to Shane on the phone. Does that mean...? My first instinct was to approach him and throw every single swear word I knew at him but it wasn't logical to do so. I have found a loop hole. Shane is innocent.

Oh my gosh... Shane is innocent.

"Mark," I spoke, breaking away from my thoughts. Both of them, Johnny and Trisha looked as if they witnessed the previous assault.

"Yes we saw what he did," Trisha informed me, proving my suspicions.

"He did it."

"Did what?" Johnny questioned, "Do you want me be - "

"That won't be necessary," I interjected and looked back at the computer screen which had started up. What am I supposed to do now? I don't know how to hack into personal files!

"Wait," Trisha started, "You mean he...?"

"Yes," I said answering her unspoken question. Her features looked hostile, making me want to smile and wince at the same time. Smile because she was well my best friend and didn't want anything to happen to me and wince because she was angry.

"That son of a bi - "

"What?" Johnny questioned completely lost, interrupting Trisha.

"Shane was accused of killing Lizzie's parents and brother when it is actually Mark who committed the crime - Lizzie, are you sure?"

"Positive."

"How so?" Johnny asked, finally understanding what was being said.

""It's nice the one who possibly do the crime but doesn't have to do the time." That's what he said, he did it," I explained, hoping I had made sense.

"So Shane is innocent, what are you going to do Liz?" Trisha questioned.

"I can't go to court without evidence can I? I need some sort of proof that he is guilty - do any of you two know how to hack into personal files or whatever? Maybe we could find something."

"I'll take it from here," Johnny said almost instantly, causing my eyebrows to arch in confusion. I asked the question but did I really expect an answer? I immediately handed him my laptop, lettinghim get to work and faced Trisha.