Born to Shine (8)

Okay there's a picture of Shane on the side -------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

*

I mindlessly stummed my guitar as if it was the easiest thing in the world. I was in the garden of the board house. It had various flower beds on one side and trees on the other. It had a vast outdoor pool with deck chairs. My favourite part was by the trees.

On the corner of the garden there was a big tree with a swing held by ropes. It also had a patch of grass around it.

I was sitting on the patch of grass leaning against the bark of the tree whilst playing on my acoustic. It had been a week and the story hadn't really got anywhere. Shane didn't like anyone's idea- as usual and he isn't exactly pulling weight himself. We decided to have a lazy day today no work just play so I decided to stay outside. I was planning to go to see my parents in a bit. The previous week had been so hectic I hadn't had the chance.

I closed my eyes and let myself surrender to the music all until I had a tap on the shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Trisha kneeling in front of me.

"Yes Trisha?" I said.

"You know... since we have a free day today I was wondering if we could go shopping!" She said. I gave her 'you can not be serious' look.

"Don't give me that look! You know we have been stuck inside the studio for a week! We haven't gotten anywhere because of that pr!ck of a Shane Ashby." She said.

"I don't like shopping." I complained pathetically.

"Oh c'mon Lizzie! It's not like you have any plans! I bet all you are going to do is stay out here all day with your guitar! You really need to get out more!" She said. I was just about to say that I did have plans but I knew she was going to ask questions.

I hadn't even told my own band about my parents and I've known them for like two years? So I don't think Trisha is going to know any time soon either.

"I don't want to!" I whined. She rolled her eyes at me and then took my guitar from my grasp. I had learned in the past week that Trisha had impressive upper arm strength so if I wanted a broken guitar I would try to take the guitat off her.

"You are coming shopping with me!" She said.

"Do I have to?" I said hoplessly. It was pointless arguing with her I learnt that too.

"Yes we are going shopping whether you like it or not!" She said. I sighed.

Hmmm... Elise said she wanted to go shopping with me maybe I could take her with us.

"Okay... But can I bring my sister with us?" I asked.

"You have a sister?" She asked.

"Yeah she's 21. She likes shopping too and I promised her that I'll go shopping with her so she could tag along. I don't think she's got university today." I said.

"Yeah she should come what's her name?" She asked curiously.

"Her name is Elise. I'll call her now to see if she could come." I said. She nodded. I slipped my phone out of my pocket and called Elise.

"Hello?" She said. I smiled.

"Hey Elise what's up?" I said.

"I just came back from university I only had one class today."

"That's great. I was wondering would you like to go shopping?"

"Yeah I'll love to. Wait. Isn't it usually me asking you to go shopping?"