Born to Shine (28)

*~ Back to Lizzie's POV ~*

"So, what did Maria say?" I asked Mark, Johnny and Tony. They came back not too long ago from the Studio, with something they needed to share with everyone, even though everyone wasn't here right now.

"We have a week and a half until the fundraiser, so this friday, Maria wants us to perform the song at a club. We also have to do two sets each, one cover and one original song. That's it really," Mark answered, I nodded. It sounded simple, I've played at so many clubs before and I have my own songs.

"Also, we need to a picture for the single, but Maria said not to fret about it," continued Johnny, who had Trisha planted beside him.

They are much too cute.

"So it took, three people to go and collect a message that could easily be told over the phone?" Shane asked. I diverted my gaze to him, he was sitting on the other side of the couch.

"Shane, be nice," I warned him. Even though now he's my friend and I feel I can trust him more than I could anyone else, I will not let him be mean to my band.

"Yes, Shane be nice," Mark snided. I rolled my eyes, Mark and Shane really need to get over their issues.

"Mark, you be nice too," I told him firmly and then switched my gaze to him. He was glaring menacingly at Shane but stopped when I gave him a warning glance.

Why does it feel like I'm the responsible one?

I'm the youngest as well.

"Stop it, both of you. Anyways, is that it? Did Maria say anything else?" I said and focused my attention on Tony and Johnny.

"Nope, nothing else." Tony replied, I nodded and then got up from the couch and straightened out my clothes.

"Where are you going?" Shane immediately asked.

Of course he would ask.

"Home," I replied and gave him a quick turn of the lips before I bid everyone goodbye before I left the room.

They say that your home is where your heart is, my heart is with my music. So I guess I'm just going back to my house.

I left the board house, I went straight to my car and sat in. My guitar was already inside since I was planning of just taking a short trip in and then leaving again. I pulled out of the drive way and headed straight for home.

I had promised Kate and Marco that I would come down one of these days again. They wanted to see if I was alright, coping. I didn't mind though, it gave me something to do.

I drove past the cemetery, I was there not too long ago. I felt as if, I needed to tell someone about Shane.

It felt different now, knowing him. Being his friend, and trusting him.

What would happen if I let him in? I can't do that. What if he goes? I wouldn't be able to cope. We can only be friends, and remain friends.

I sighed, I knew the day was going to come when I was going to over think about a guy. I just didn't think the day would come so soon, I'm only eighteen.