Born to Shine (22)

(Back to Lizzie's POV)

I felt my eyelids heavy and too stubborn to open. After a few seconds the heaviness started to cease so I was able to. I woke up to find myself in a white room, I then remembered were I was. I groaned slightly and sat up on the lumpy hospital bed and looked around.

I jumped from shock as I saw Shane beside me on the chair sleeping. He had his eyebrows furrowed like he was trying to solve a hard math problem. His posture was sat up straight with his head tilted towards me.

Why is he here?

I soon remembered what happened the last time I saw him. My little outburst. I began to feel bad but I also felt as if he deserved it.

He looked quite uncomfortable sitting on the chair like that and I knew it was going to hurt his back. There wasn't anything I could do though. Sighing softly I got off of the hospital bed and stretched, I nearly tripped over but I quickly managed to regain my balance. I did a quick little stroll around the room and found my bag that had spare clothes and necessities in. I internally thanked Kaitlyn for bringing it and then entered the wash room. After doing my business I brushed my teeth and got changed. I ran my fingers through my messy hair in attempt of brushing it. I began to get frustrated so I banished the idea and re-entered the room I was staying in.

"I thought you had vanished off." A voice spoke. I jumped but then realized it was just Shane. I turned towards him, he had his hair mussed in different directions but he still managed to rock the look.

"I went to go get changed... "I trailed awkwardly not really sure on what to say.

Then there was tension. Thickening by the second. I placed my bag on the side and sat back on the bed with my feet dangling off, Shane watched me as I did this.

"Your back must be sore from the way you were sleeping." I muttered after a while.

"Huh?" Was his response. For some reason I felt a smile tug ever so slightly on my lips.

He was so clueless.

I turned my head to look at him.

"From the way you were sleeping. It didn't look very comfortable. Is your back alright?" I spoke. I was surprised that I was speaking to him like this. I usually wasn't open. I guess it is just because I'm concerned about the way he slept and curious to why he was here.

After all, everything that had happened made right now no sense.

"Oh yeah... My back." He replied as if he just realized that he had been sleeping like that. He got up and stretched his arms making his muscles contract nicely through his fitted T-shirt. I then looked down and played with my finger tips bored, I then again felt his stare on me.

"How are you feeling?" He then asked. I looked at him confused for a second. He was asking how I felt? My eyes then fell back on my left wrist. I had broken it- good thing that I didn't break my hand so I'm not able to play the guitar. Which would make the current situation much, much worse.

"I'm fine." I mumbled to him. I don't know why I bothered to answer him; I don't know why I bothered to talk to him. I guess I didn't want to be alone right now.

I did want to talk to someone. Anyone.

Then there was silence stretching over us, Shane had sat himself back on his seat and continued to eye me.