Born to Shine (31)

*Lizzie's POV*

I felt scared. I didn't know how this happened or how Shane managed to do it but it was happened.

The horrors of having a silly high school crush on him seemed daunting. I couldn't like him, it wasn't logical. I was scared of simply relying on him but I couldn't develop feelings for him. No I just couldn't. It wasn't like he was going to like me back.

What was I to him? Just a friend, a girl so screwed, someone not worth spending time on. But... he wants to know me, he wants to make me happy and he cares about me.

Does that say something?

Is Trisha right does he like me?

How so though? There are different types of likes, you can like, like someone, you could really like someone and you could be totally and unconditionally love someone. Which one was I? I have no idea.

I knew that I didn't love him, but I wanted him in my life. I wanted to be with him. Is that bad? There are so many love songs out there that say that there is that one special person that makes your heart skip a beat or when they smile at you it makes your whole day. That they were the only person in the whole wide world. No matter who they were, and what they looked like.

Whenever I see Shane, I seem to forgot every catastrophe that has occurred in my life and I feel stronger. That I could be that feisty, care-free, happy girl I once was.

"Lizzie? Lizzie? Lizzie! Are you there? Lizzie?" Trisha called out, bringing me out of my reverie. I shook my head and realised that we were no longer downstairs but upstairs in my room. 

"Oh sorry! I was just thinking," I told her hastily. She narrowed her hazel eyes at me, deep in thought, like she was analysing me. I tried to keep my calm exterior while my interior were in pieces.

"You. Like. Him," she stated clearly. I opened my mouth to deny what she had just said but closed it at loss for words. How could she figure out that quickly? Was it that obvious?

When she saw that I had nothing to reply with, pure happiness and excitement coloured her features. She squealed loudly and started to jump up and down in excitement.

"You like him. You like him! Oh my gosh! YOU like HIM!" She chanted during her happy dance causing me to groan. Why could she read me so easily?

"Say it louder why don't you? I think the people in China can't hear you," I scolded her, causing her to bring down her voice a couple of notches.

"Sorry, I just can't believe it! You finally like someone! Elise would be so happy!" She told me, I gave a sad smile at the thought of Elise but then remembered.

The glass is half full not half empty.

Find happiness if you can't find happiness inside of you.

Shane's words circled my mind. I had to keep positive, for myself, my sister, my friends and for Shane.

"She would wouldn't she?" I asked, my voice seemed a little different, it seemed sad but there was a hint of happiness in there. Trisha seemed to notice and the smile on her face widened.

"Oh Lizzie! He did it! Who would've thought that Shane Ashby would be the one to fix the broken hearted Lizzie McGaugh?" Trisha gushed out.

I just shrugged, it did seem rather weird that it was him out of all people. But there was something about him, I didn't realise that there was a smile on my face at the thought of him until Trisha brought it up. "Why are you smiling dreamily like that? Wait, aw, you are thinking of Shane aren't you? I'm so happy for you, I know what it's like to be in love. This is just amazing!"