Born to Shine (32)

"I've told you about Shane haven't I? Well, before I when I said he was just my friend a couple days go he cheered me up and took me to his parents house. I was reluctant at first, but he made me realise that there's nothing to be afraid of. After we went to his apartment, it's nice there. Anyways the next day, when I woke up. I realised something, that I like Shane. Not like a friend, but like, I don't know, I can't explain it. He makes me smile, when it's just us it feels like we are the only people on the earth. His has these amazing eyes, I told you guys before.

"I guess I just wish that you could actually see me now, I'm happy, he found Izzie. I can feel her ready to come out, I guess I'm just tired of being sad, broken hearted Lizzie McGaugh. I like being happy, I think I deserve to be happy now right?" I spoke to the four deceased people beneath me. It wasn't how I usually was with them, I was smiling as I talked about Shane. I didn't want to deny it anymore, I liked him a lot.

I heard the faint sound of a at pulling up, I turned to see the familiar sports car. The smile on my lips widened and my heart began to race when I realised who it was.

"He's here now, Trisha thinks that he likes me. I'm not so sure why, I hope he does," I finished. I got up from my crouched position and dusted off my trousers. I stretched my legs and then turned around and there not too far away from me, he was standing.

Wearing a Led Zeppelin tee, jeans and a leather jacket, he smiled at me. I strolled over to him, my car keys in my hand and planted myself one foot away from him.

"You Shane are definitely my stalker," I informed him teasingly.

"Well hello to you too Izzie," he replied sarcastically, his smooth voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Okay, what are you doing here?" I asked him curiously. He pursed his perfect lips for a moment.

"We are going out for lunch," he told me. I arched my eyebrow at him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Oh really? What makes you think I'll agree?"

"You love me, that's why," he stated jokingly. I felt my breath catch, he didn't know I liked him did he? I wasn't that obvious right?

It was then I realised he was joking, so I just smirked at him.

"Don't flatter yourself Shane," I told him, my voice coming out slightly alluring.

"It's not like you're going anywhere."

"What makes you think that?" I asked him, eyeing him curiously.

"This is why," he said and then stepped forward so our bodies were nearly touching and gently ripped out my keys from my hand.

I would've retaliated but his closeness and warmth distracted me, so I was too busy controlling my raging hormones. He smirked victoriously as he held my keys above my head.

I mustered whatever was in me and tried to jump to retrieve them but he held them too high. I scowled at the chuckling Shane Ashby before a idea came to mind.

I took another step forward so our lower halves were touching and reached to place my hands on his shoulders. Not wondering to wear my sudden confidence came from I gave him a puppy dog look. I looked as I saw his eyes softening even more at my look.

"No puppy dog look," he warned me and closed his eyes. Sighing softly, I let my eyes linger to his lips only for another brilliant idea to come to mind.

It was risking everything, but that's what life's about right?

"You leave me no choice," I whispered to him.