Born to Shine (39)

• Dedicated to To My Bestie Ali And To All My Readers And Fans! I Love You All! :)

LAST CHAPTER GUYS!!!!

*

I smiled contentedly at Shane before we were told to go on stage, this was it. The fundraiser event had been resceduled to be one month after the dismisal if the case, exactly one month after the our first date, exactly one after the bet.

Which I could proudly say, I am still winning though at times Shane liked to make it hard for me but it wasn't too hard. Also during the month, Shane still took me on dates whenever he could and I finally managed to get my own apartment at last. I had rejected the Shane's offer. It was definitely too early in our relationship for me to start living with him but I the future? A couple years maybe? Why not? I doubt I'd be able to keep my innocence til then anyway.

"Please put your hands together for Shane and his band RSD, Lizzie McGaugh with her band Sweet Seduction and Blazing Lights," the announcer said. Maria have us a nod for us to tumble on stage. As soon as we settled the music was played; an introduction from us wasn't really needed.

Slowly everyone's harmonies meshed together, mine and Shane's seeming to be the most powerful as the song progressed. I kept my eyes on the crowd; it was filled with celebrities aside orphans. No one was caring about class or status because this was for unfortunate people who had lost their loved ones and needed support.

My eyes glanced to Shane out of habit, his dark orbs staring back into mine at the same time as his voice ran over the notes absently. I gave him a smile during one of my pauses but looked back to the crowd hoping I wasn't going to get too wrapped up into him.

The song ended and an applause sounded. I grabbed the microphone and took it off the stand so I could begin my speech as soon as the applause subsided.

"I want to personally thank all the celebrities that have left their commitments and have participated today. Everyone deserves help after losing someone they love or just not feeling loved at all. I know what it's like to lose family and I'm pretty sure most people here know as well. I've got a piece of advice for everyone here.

"Dance like no ones watching, sing like no ones listening and love like you've never been hurt before. Life is too short to wallow in pain, so grab every ounce of happiness you have within you, if you can't find it within you find it doing something you love and never let go of it. Don't let the world change the way you smile, let your smile change the world."

Another applause broke out, much louder than the previous one. I gave the crowd a whole hearted smile before turning to leave the stage slowly after everyone else, Shane grabbed my hand in the process despite the audience staring intently while still applauding, he tugged me off stage trailing slowly behind the others not really having a care in the world.

Backstage was fairly busy with the clusters of people, I dodged the passing bodies with Shane successfully however he managed to bump into a few people and then we were out and were able to enjoy the rest of the show.

When there were much fewer people around Shane unclasped my hand and took hold of my waist instead. The feelings of being close to him no where near evaporating since the start of our relationship.

"You know I've said this over a thousand times but I'm going to say it again," Shane started casually, I arched an eyebrow but then pressed my cheek to the crook of his warm neck and unashamedly started to smell his masculine scent. "I love you, and I'm not saying that out of habit or to start conversation, I'm saying it to remind you, that you are the most important thing that has ever happened to me."

He gazed a me for a moment before I hid my face smiling feeling completely touched. "I also love it when I catch you looking at me, then you smile and look away," he continued and kissed the side of my face. I felt tears starting to glass my vision.