Born to Shine (14)

"They are dead too." I whispered. I turned to look at Elise, I didn't look at their reactions.

"What do you mean they are dead too?" Mark asked.

"Yeah I'm sure you said that they are abroad so much you barely see them." Johnny said.

"Lizzie they couldn't have died in the last 2 years because you were fine and... oh." Tony said.

It finally clicked in there head. Trisha stayed silent.

"Lizzie why didn't you tell us?" Mark asked. he put his hand on my shoulder and I looked up to him. I felt so guilty for not telling them. But better late then never right?

I looked into his chocolate eyes for a minute.

"Because... well... What did you expect me to say? That hey my name is Lizzie and I'm an orphan?" I said with my voice cracking at the end of it. Tears were streaming down my face.

"You have a point there... But you could've told us somehow." Johnny inputed.

"Yeah Liz you could tell us anything. You know that." Tony said. They were all around me, comforting me, pitying me.

Another reason why I didn't tell them, I never want pity.

"How did it happen?" Trisha said speaking for the first time.

I sighed and then spoke.

"You know when we were playing never have I ever in the club a few days ago?" I started. My voice was coming out suprisingly normal.

They nodded.

"I said that it was minor but it wasn't."

"What do you mean?" Johnny asked.

"Three years ago. Me and my family- excluding Elise and Marco were coming home from a holiday we went to Maine- it was a roadtrip. My parents were arguing on what way to go it was a pretty useless argument but it was intense. My dad didn't have all of his attention on the road and before he could there was a crash. My dad's car collided into another. It wasn't my dad's fault apparently the person in the other car was drunk. Well they crashed my mother screamed and before my father could regain control the car crashed into other cars.

"There was 5 cars involved but our car got the biggest impact causing 2 deaths and me in a coma." I said.

"Those death's were your parents?" Trisha questioned. I shook my head.

"My dad died in the crash and so did my little brother Benjamin"-

"Benjamin I thought you said he was your cousin?" Mark asked.

"No he isn't he is my little brother. Let me explain. So my brother and dad died an instant death. My mother died from being heartbroken. Her youngest daughter was in a coma and her youngest son was dead and so was her husband. I woke up finding out I was an orphan. I woke up after 3 months just so you know." I said shakily. All the memories were coming back. I hid them the past couple of years but I guess I had to see this coming I was going to have to tell them sooner or later.

"So you woke up 3 weeks later? What were Marco and Elise doing while you were in the crash?" Trisha asked.

"Marco stayed at home doing his own thing and Elise was in university. As soon as they heard they came." I answered.

"What about other family?" Tony asked.

"I don't have any other family. My parents are only children and I don't know what happened to my grandparents. I think they might be dead too. I've never met them." I was suprised I could say so much but it felt good to finally tell someone.