Born to Shine (27)

*~* Shane's POV *~*

I woke up late as usual. I stretched and looked at the clock. It was reaching 1 pm.

I wonder what's Lizzie's doing...
Why do I keep on thinking of her? She's just a girl and she's just my friend.

I shook the thoughts from my mind and got up and stretched some more.
After showering and putting on some clothes and went down stairs. Avoiding temptation to go and check Lizzie's room. I doubt that she would be in there anyway but then again she does spend an awful lot of time on her own.
As I got downstairs I noticed that the house was eerily quiet. Maybe everyone decided to go out? We have finished recording.
After grabbing a quick breakfast I decided to go to the lounge to just sit and play on my guitar.
As I entered the lounge I noticed that Trisha was there alone making me curious.

"Lizzie's gone out, I think to the cemetery, I know you wanted to know that so don't even bother denying it."

Trisha's voice startled me slightly, I never realised she saw me there. I stayed quiet probably making her feel smug as she knew exactly what I wanted to know.

"Where are the rest?" I asked and leaned against the wall and Trisha turned around to face me.

"Out. I'm not sure where your band has gone, neither do I know where mine is either and Lizzie's have gone to see Maria about something, I stayed at home hoping that someone would realise and free me from my boredom," Trisha explained, the end part made her sound like she was throwing her own pity party.

"Oh okay thanks," I replied unsure on what else to say, it was Trisha. I had never really had a civil conversation before that no one else was in.

Right now, well, it's just weird.

I pulled out my phone and went though my contacts realising something, I didn't even have Lizzie's number.

I'll get it later, well, after I pretty much squeeze it out of her, she isn't very giving.

"You like Lizzie don't you?" Trisha asked, her question sounded more like a question. I stiffened slight and then internally groaned and hoped if I just ignored her that she would vanish into thin air.

But of course, that's wishful thinking.

"Hm?" I said making it sound like I wasn't listening and then looked up at her and gave her an innocent which my the looks of her body language looked as if she never bought it.

She had her arms across her chest and her weight shifted so she was leaning on one leg.

"Don't act if you weren't listening because I know very well that you were," She said in an expressionless tone.

So this is why we haven't had a civil conversation yet. Maybe we'll never get along, it wouldn't bother me if we did anyway.

"What do you want Trisha?" I asked trying not to sound irritated.

"Sigh, what I said, something that you were clearing listening to, was that you like Lizzie don't you?" She repeated, she started to get a little impatient. I knew the answer to the question she asked, I just didn't want to answer it.

"Like? As a what? A friend? A person?" I questioned. Trisha sighed exaggeratedly loudly, clearly exasperated. Hmmm... maybe I could annoy her enough for her to leave me alone.

"You know what I mean, just answer the damn question," She snapped, I crossed my arms over my chest and gave her a hard look.