Born to Shine (9)

"I don't know why he dislikes me. He said he didn't hate me but... I don't know... I wish I knew why..." I said to my late parents and little brother. I had a spare hour so I decided to come.

"You know you always said that hate is another form of jealousy. You have what they haven't. Does that mean he dislikes me because I've got the headliner? That would make sense but that can't be it can it? It would be nice if he put that aside so we call all get along. Also because of what he says I get sympathy. I don't want that. I don't need a pity party I'm fine on my own. That way I can't get hurt." I said. I sighed. I wish I had a response on what to do. But whatever is meant to be will find it's way right?

"Anyways I've made a friend. Her name is Trisha she's nice and she stands up for me I can't ask for anything else can I? I don't think anything bad could happen to us. She isn't exactly my best friend. She's observant too. She wants me to take the stilettos off and be free. But happiness doesn't last very long and as I said before I don't want a pity party. I guess I'm stuck in them." I said. I traced my fingers over my mother's grave stone.

"It's her launch party todayy remember when I told you about mine? I hope this goes good for her she's really talented. And her band." I said. I slipped my phone out of my pocket and checked the time. It was reaching midday and I needed to get back.

Shane had finally agreed to do what I said. My idea was that to pair everyone up and sing. You know since there are 12 people all together and then at other parts of the song like the chorus and the bridge more people can sing. Like a duet and then other people sing as well.

It reminded me of the song We Are The World by Michael Jackson, he and a load of other people did something familiar. That song was for people in Africa the campaign was USA for Africa. This is Galaxy records for Families United.

"I miss you Mum, Dad, Benjamin. I wish you could see me now. And Ben you would've been a great kid. I just wish I could see you grow up more." I said. I wiped a stray tear from my eye. Ben was only 9 when he died. He would've been 12 right now. I sighed I guess I couldn't see him grow up like my parents couldn't see grow up. But wherever they are now I hope they are happy.

I got up from my kneeling position and had one last glance at the 3 graves. First it was my Dad then Mum then Ben. I then walked out of the Cemetery and got into my car. I jammed the keys into the ignition and drove off to the board house.

The only reason I took my car was because I didn't have to answer questions regarding why I didn't take it. I parked my car beside Mark's car and entered the house. I walked to the studio- guitar in my hand.

"Where did you go?" Mark asked me.

"Oh just out I wanted some fresh air." I said simply. It wasn't a complete lie but it wasn't the truth either.

"Oh okay then we better get started before Shane over there decides he doesn't like your idea anymore." He said and gestured to Shane who was strumming his guitar. he seemed deep in thought. I also noticed Trisha and Johnny flirting at the other side of the room so I decided to approach them.

Note for later: Remember to ask Trisha on what he thinks of Johnny.

"Hey guys. I can see that Johnny, you haven't stopped with the flirting... Are you going to give up nay time soon? I don't think you'll get anywhere." I said.

"I'm not going to give up. No one can resist Johnny." He said stubbornly.

"Actually Lizzie seems to resist you fine." Trisha pointed out.

"When I first met her she was kind of my boss and she doesn't let anyone in. I've never seen her with a guy apart from us and her brother." He said.