3. Chloe Tells Beca

The day continued as normal, though Beca just sat silently crying her eyes out again. Chloe saw the clock strike 4:00 and got up grabbing her purse. She pulled Beca up who just allowed her to pull her with her. They got in the car and Chloe pulled out a cigarette that looked like pot. She went to light it when there was a tap on her window. Chloe quickly put it down and opened the window to see Bill. "You're not getting away THAT easily." He said.

Chloe looked at him confused. "I'm sorry?"

"Ta da!" Bill said showing her an orange jersey and handing it to her. "I hope it's not too small."

"Wow. It's got my name on it and everything." She said looking at the back.

"Yeah... We're on the same team now, you know."

Chloe looked at him who pointed up. She hesitated, but answered. "Right... Well, Bill, I gotta jet."

"Godspeed." Bill replied.

Chloe closed the window and pulled out. Bill just watched until he couldn't see the car anymore.

Beca, still crying silently, just looked at her big sister. Chloe glanced at her. "What?"

Beca wiped her eyes. "How'd you end up here?"

Chloe sighed. "Promise not to tell the other Bellas? Especially Aubrey?"

The tiny brunette Dj nodded. "Promise."

"After leaving Barden, I realized, my family was never really there. My other family was being separated and I just couldn't handle it. I realized I never believed in God. At least not for a long time. And so when I DID realize it, I met some people who felt the same way. I got into drinking a lot and drugs. One night, it was really late, we went to the church and destroyed it. I set it on fire. I was the only one caught when the police showed up. The next day, the news showed there was a woman inside when it happened. I had no idea and I felt REALLY bad. She was badly hurt. I was put on trial and then my asshole connected father pulled some strings and instead of being put in jail, this place petitioned the court and allowed me to work there to repent for my sins against HIM, the church, and them. I don't want to be there, but I have no choice."

"Jesus Christ." Beca replied. "And that's why you're smoking?"

"Yeah. I mean, I'm not proud of it. But like I said, I got caught up in drugs and lots of drinking. But now that you're here, I'm gonna work extra hard to get myself back together and also help you. I was never one to let my baby sister and best friend in the whole world to feel like she does now. And I know you seeing me like this hurts you more. So I'm gonna work extra hard... for you." The older redhead said.

Beca nodded and the rest of the car ride to the house was silent.