16. Confessions

The next day, Chloe is at work again and Siobhan is smiling listening to Chloe on the phone. "But did you make a list of all the good things that came out of being fired?"

--------------------

"No, no! I get that. But I don't know. Maybe, think about the walk you can take in the morning."

"That is AMAZING." Bill suddenly whispered in the redhead's ear.

Chloe looked at him and spoke into the phone. "Hold please." She said putting the caller on hold.

"We have had calls backed up for you for the past HOUR. You are ON to something. Is it the manuals? Do you find them helpful? Or is it...?"

Bill got cut off by Jeff walking over and leaning over the cubical window. "You're a ROCKSTAR." Jeff said happily. "I mean GENIUS. So, so GENIUS." He continued as Bill walked away. "My teachings are helping, no? Our numbers are DOUBLE, the drive-through center in bars. Seriously, they are like eating our ducks!" He said smiling hugely.

"Just think of the lives that you touched. That WE'VE touched." Serena Belle cuts in.

"Chloe, you are so, so light!" Jeff inquired.

"Chloe, you are rapacious!" Marlene said excitedly.

Chloe looks uncomfortable and Beca definitely is. The brunette sits on the redhead's lap and cuddles into her as best she can. Chloe holds the tiny girl making her muscles relax a bit. "You already have like six lines waiting." Siobhan says standing up and leaning over the wall that separates their desks. "Get the phone, Hunny!"

Chloe smiles looking down and Bill comes out. "Guys," He starts getting everyone's attention. "We may have to work overtime today." He says happily and does a little dance.

Everyone cheers except the two young women that were recently crowded. Beca sits back in her own chair and Chloe shakes her head bemusedly at her workmates before taking her call off hold. "Umm, thank you for holding."

Later that night, it's dark out and the two young women are hanging out with Chase. They're on the side of the road looking out at the city. Chase speaks up. "When I was a kid, I used to do these crazy Google searches. Looking for towns with weird names like TACO or named NOTHING or SOMEWHERE. But any city I'd like to go to, find a place like this. I would look at all the lights and imagine a person for every one of those lights."

"It's amazing." Chloe said. "How it all looks pretty from over here."

"When things got bad for me uh... the last couple of years, I always thought it was some chemical or some shit, but I couldn't stop thinking... my light's goin' out. And, no one's even noticed." Chloe was looking at him and listening intently. She smiled at him when he looked her way. "I thought I could... try and could fix it if I...I found a town called SOMEWHERE. You know that if I, if I went there, and I left everything and everyone, it had to be a place that mattered. You know, place where you couldn't get lost, or if you did get lost, it would be ok." He continued looking at Chloe. "I don't know. You seem like someone who pays attention when the lights go out." He continues looking away again then looking back at her again with her doing the same. "Real attention." Chloe looks down thinking then hums in thought looking out to the city again. "Do you ever wish that you could, START over?" He asks.

"I do." She says nodding then shaking her head. "COMPLETELY from scratch." She continues then smiles at him.

Beca being quiet and just listening the whole time, smiles. "Can we go home now? It's late and this little girl is hungry." She says getting the two's attention.

"I don't think you're THAT little, Beca." Chase says chuckling.

"No. Not me! I meant the baby. We found out yesterday it's a girl. My little Chloe Brey-Amy Swanson." Beca responded laying her gloved hand over her slight baby bump.

Chloe teared up and looked at the brunette surprised. "What?!?"

Beca looked at her and smiled. "Yeah. I've been thinking about it all day. I'm giving her, her daddy's last name. It's the least he deserves. I'm naming her Chloe after you because you're the best big sister and best friend in the whole universe. You're the source of everything good in my life. And I'm hyphenating her middle names Brey-Amy naming her after Aubrey and Fat Amy for being the next best big sister and best friends in the world."

Chloe pulled her in for a tight hug. "You're the best, Beca. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Chlo-Bear." She replied and kissed her cheek. She pulled away as Chloe wiped her tears and smiled. "I don't know where'd I'd be without you, Chlo. I have so much to thank you for. And I don't think I could ever thank you enough."

The older girl giggled. "I don't know where I'd be without you either, Becs. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. The source of everything good in my life. I can't thank you enough either."

The girls embraced one more time then the trio left to go home.