13. Staying

It's been another few days and Chloe is sitting at her cubical waiting for her next call when it rings. She answers. "Hello? Dial A Prayer."

There was a few seconds of silence. "Hi. It's me."

"You can't call me here anymore." Chloe said knowing that voice. "Ok?"

"Chloe, PLEASE don't hang up."

Chloe leans forward to rest on her arms. "I needed to know. Right now, that what you're telling me is bullshit." She said softly. "About me... SAVING you. I'm sure it is, I just... If you WERE telling me the truth, then we can meet. I just need to know. Ok?"

"You GOTTA believe me. Can't you? PLEASE believe me." He said and Chloe stayed silent. "I'll be there after work." He continued.

The phone call ended and Chloe debated with herself sighing. Beca, who just finished her recent mix, was watching her best friend and big sister intently. She noticed her dilemma. "You ok, Chlo-Bear?"

Chloe turned to the tiny brunette and gave a slight smile. "Yeah. It was him again. I'm just debating if I should meet him again or not. Our conversation is puzzling me. That's all."

"Then just go. What's the worst that could happen?" Beca asked.

At the end of her shift, Chloe and Beca gathered their things before walking out of the building. Chase sees them and meets them half way to his truck. "Um, before when I called," He started looking at the redhead. "I was in a dark place. And I...I don't really like to talk about it. I mean I WILL if you need me to." He said.

Chloe nodded. "I do."

"I don't know. It's like... a voice in my head telling me I'm no good. You know? Sometimes it gets really loud. It's just, I'd do anything to get away from it. Make it stop. PRAYERS seem to settle everything down for me. But, MORE that that, it was you. I felt it when I met you. When I saw you at the diner, I was there again and I can't explain it. But, I don't know. It's like a calm came over me. But, if you don't want me to come around anymore, I WON'T. Ok?" He continued then slightly chuckled. "I should probably go. 'Cause, I don't know. I'm not..."

"Please don't go." Chloe cut him off.

"You sure?" Chase asked looking at her.

"Yeah. I..." Chloe started slightly nodding. "I'd like it if you stayed."

"Ok." He agreed. "I'd like that."

Chloe just looked at him wondering to herself what she was getting herself and Beca into. Beca just stood back and slightly smiled. *She's coming back. I think I might have misjudged him.*