5. Chase

It's been a couple of weeks now and Chloe's back at work again. Beca always comes with her. It's a couple of hours in and Siobhan looks at Chloe. "Do you think I could go out and have a..." She said gesturing a cig.

"It's Thursday. Bill's a chudo. Go for it."

"Thanks. Be back in ten." Chloe said putting the headset down. She nudges Beca who looks at her. "We're taking a break. Come on."

Beca stood up and followed Chloe outside. Chloe lit up a cigarette and Beca sighed. "Seriously, Chloe? This is your break? I thought you were gonna stop." Beca said.

"I am. Slowly, but I am. I promise. Becs, you don't realize how I felt. Why I even did what I did. It's not easy. I know this affects you and I'm sorry. But I can't just suddenly stop. I've been doing it for months. PLEASE give me some slack." Chloe replied.

"I just don't want to see my big sister, my BEST FRIEND kill herself from the inside out. I LOVE you, Chloe. You're all I have."

"That's not true. You have the rest of the Bellas. Once a Bella, ALWAYS a Bella. Bellas for life, remember?"

Tears were starting to build up in Beca's eyes. "I've TRIED to get a hold of them, Chloe. No one answers. I even tried Aubrey on her landline at the camp. NO ONE cares. No one CARES about me. They TOLERATED me. There's a difference. No one, but YOU ever cared, Chloe."

"Beca, that's not TRUE. Aubrey and the rest of the Bellas love you too. They do care about you. They might be busy a lot of the time, but they DO care. You know especially that Aubrey is almost always busy because she's the one that runs that camp. But that doesn't mean she doesn't love you or doesn't care about you. I bet you right now if I called her, that she would agree with me." Chloe said.

There was the sound of a car door closing and the two looked up. "Hi." It was a young man.

"Hi." Chloe replied.

"Do you answer the phone in there?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry. I've been driving all day."

"Well, there's an I-Hop like three feet that way." She said pointing across the street.

"I came here looking for a girl. Her name is Chloe. You have the same voice. It's you, isn't it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I think you do. I called the other day. You... it was you that answered. I'm Chase."

"I'm gonna go." Chloe said cutting him off.

"You said a prayer for strength." Chloe stopped and looked at him. "Y...you saved me."

"I'm sorry. I gotta go." She replied throwing her cig. out and dragging Beca with her back inside.

"Who was that?" The tiny brunette asked.

"I don't really know. Lets just finish up and go home." Chloe replied.