8. Fight With Mom and Running Over Someone

It was sunrise when Chloe pulled in the driveway of her parent's house. She and Beca got out and walked in. Mary came over to the door bawling. "Thank, God! I have been SO worried."

"We're fine. We just need to change our clothes." Chloe said cutting her mother off and she and Beca started heading upstairs to their shared room.

Mary followed. "Can you stop and think for one second what must have been going through my head?!?"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" Chloe shouted and drug Beca upstairs with her.

Mary kept following. "Chloe! I couldn't exactly call the police could I?" She cried. "Your father pulled a lot of strings to get you out of that NIGHTMARE. What you DID! That HORRIBLE group! The trial... Do NOT make a mess of this!"

Chloe and Beca both ignored her while changing quickly. "YOU made a mess of this!" Chloe finally snapped turning to her mother.

"ME?!? We did everything we possibly COULD to help you!"

Chloe cut her off. "WE!?! Mom!, He's not here. He's not HERE! And he's not going to be back for Thanksgiving or probably give us some lame excuse. And then he's gonna LEAVE us. AGAIN."

"No. He is on a trial. He is on a deadline. But if he were here... If he WERE here..."

"Mom," Chloe said cutting her off again. "When are you gonna wake the FUCK up?" She asked rhetorically. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and enlighten people. Everyone deserves a second chance. Right, Mom? Even sacrilegious scum like me?" She asked angrily and walked passed her. Beca just followed with her laptop charger and phone charger in hand not saying a word to Mary.

On the drive to work, Beca was silent looking out the window and Chloe grabbed a cig. trying to light it. But then she ran over someone. Gasping, she stopped and got out and Beca  looked out the windshield to watch the scene. People were gathering around and Chloe knelt down in front of the woman. She put her hands over her heart for about thirty seconds and the woman opened her eyes. "Oh, wow." The woman said looking at Chloe. "That was amazing."

"I'm so sorry." Chloe whispered to her.

The woman sat up. "It's ok. I'M ok. It's all ok." She then stood up and Chloe looked at the ground in disbelief.

"Are you ok?" A man behind her asked. "You need me to call someone?"

"No." Chloe replied softly shaking her head.

"Why don't you stay here a minute." He suggested.

"I'm gonna be late for work." She replied. "I can do this." She then muttered to herself. "I can do this."

"You sure you don't need a ride?" The man behind her asked.

"Yeah." Chloe breathed. "Thank you." She replied.

The man left and Chloe got up to get in her car. Beca who saw just sat there in aw.