24. Visiting Emily

It was a two hour drive to Barden, but once there, the two young graduates parked in the driveway of The Bella house. They got out and walked to the door. Chloe knocks and a bubbly blonde with brown eyes opens the door. "HI! You're Chloe and Beca! My name is June." She said with a big smile.

"How'd you know who we were?" Chloe asked.

"Our captain showed us pictures and told us everyone's names. The Worlds picture is still on the wall."

Chloe nodded. "Can we come in?"

"Oh! Yeah. Sorry." June replied stepping aside and letting them in. She closed the door and yelled up the stairs. "Captain EMILY!!! We have guests!"

The tall brunette came barreling down the stairs and stopped at the bottom when she noticed her two former captains from the year before. "MOM! MAMA!" She shouted excitedly and gave them each a tight hug. "What are you doing here?"

"You told me you wanted us to visit and after Chloe confronted her dad, I told her about what you said. We thought it'd be a good idea to come tonight since the tension between the two was really uncomfortable and you really wanted to see us." Beca said.

Emily nodded. "I'm glad you came. I'm so excited and I could totally use your help."

"Help with what?" Beca asked.

"Set list and choreography. I have NO idea what to do for the semi-finals."

"Well, Chloe will have to help with the choreography. I can help you pick your set list, but there's not much more I can do."

"Ok. Oh! You look gorgeous pregnant by the way."

"Thanks." Beca laughed. "She's driving me crazy."

"She?"

"Yeah. We found out it's a girl."

"Awww. Yay! Mom and Mama are having a girl! Future Bella!"

Chloe choked on her saliva. "I'm sorry. WHAT?!?"

"You and Mom Beca are having a baby girl. I'm so excited. She'll be a future Bella for sure!"

Chloe and Beca looked at each other then cracked up laughing hysterically. Emily looked at them confused. When the laughter finally stopped after five minutes, Beca spoke first. "No no no no, no. This is Jesse's baby. Chloe and I are NOT together."

"Yeah, Em. We're like sisters. REALLY close sisters, but that's it. Just sisters and best friends. Nothing more." Chloe added.

"But I thought you two were living together and stuff."

"We are. But as roommates. Just like before. We love each other to no end, but we're not IN love with each other." The small brunette clarified.

"Yeah. What SHE said. We're both straight." Chloe said.

"Spaghetti is straight too until it's wet." Emily replied.

Beca palmed her forehead. "Hunny, we're not gay. Not even for each other."

"But everyone else sees it. You two never split up. You're ALWAYS together and you can see the way you look at each other."

"Em, we've always been like that with each other. But that doesn't mean we're in love with each other. Beca's in love with Jesse and she's having his kid. And I'm pretty sure I'm falling in love with the guy I recently met." Chloe said.

"But Jesse's dead now and there's nothing standing in your way. I can call Fat Amy and even Aubrey and I bet they'll agree with me. We ALL saw it at Aubrey's camp when you faught. You're like a married couple."

"EMILY, get over it. We're not together and never will be. We're like sisters and nothing more."

Emily just shook her head and pulled her phone out. She dialed Aubrey on the camp's landline and put it on speaker. "Hello? Lodge of Fallen Leaves. How can I help you? I'm Jane."

"Hi, Jane. My name is Emily Junk and I was wondering if I could talk to your boss Aubrey Posen. It's really important."

"Sure. Just give me one minute." Jane replied.

A minute passed and the line picks up again. "Aubrey Posen. Is that you, Emily?"

"Yeah. Hi, Brey. Can you give me one minute? I need to call Amy and put you on conference call."

"Sure."

Emily dialed Fat Amy and the line picks up. "What up, Legacy!" The Aussie greeted excitedly.

Emily giggled and put the two calls on conference call and speaker. "Ok. Fat Amy, Aubrey, Beca and Chloe are here visiting me. You're on speaker because I need you tell them what you think. I told them how excited I was when they told me the baby was a girl and how they were gonna have a future Bella on their hands. They laughed and said they're not together or in love with each other. What are your thoughts on that?"

"Shawshank, Ginger," The Aussie started. "Get your heads out of your flat asses and go for it! That idiot Jesse interfered in your relationship and stole Beca. You two were made for each other!"

"You two have been at it since Beca's freshman year. The Just the Way You Are and Just A Dream mashup we sang in correspondence of the ICCA's was SO obvious.  You two couldn't keep your eyes off each other. You were practically eye-fucking each other and singing to each other." The blonde former captain said.

"We're NOT in love!" The two former captains said in unison.

"Oh? Then why were you giving each other heart eyes after finding your sound at the campfire? AND you faught like a married couple. It was brief then Beca got caught in the bear trap and started freaking out saying everything she truly thought, but was looking only at YOU Chloe! And not to mention that it was YOU who was instantly worried like you were about to lose your wife when the branch of the tree started to break. YOU were the one sending orders for The Bellas to work together to get her down when I said we didn't believe in ladders. Then Lilly cut her down and she was so in shock, YOU were the one that went to her right away helping her out of the net. YOU took her to the camp nurse to make sure she wasn't injured after looking all over for anything yourself." Aubrey announced. "And you, BECA, only ever went to CHLOE when something was wrong. She was ALWAYS the first one you went to. NOT Jesse. CHLOE. Plus, you never leave each other's side unless for personal privacy like in the bathroom or something. Or when you went on a date or rather a MOVIE-CATION with Jesse."

"Not to mention that you two know each other inside and out. You always worry when the other is away, and you only ever talk about each other. Not your boyfriends or anybody or anything else." Amy added.

"Only couples act like that." Emily replied.

The two graduates groaned. "You guys are RIDICULOUS." Chloe said.

"Yeah. We're just close." Beca agreed.

"That's not just being close as best friends or even sisters. That's close like a couple. Whenever you guys always cuddle on the couch or bed to watch a movie or something, you're always entangled. Beca in your lap and YOU cuddling her as close as possible and stroking her hair absentmindedly." Aubrey said matter of factly.

"We're done with this." Chloe said.

"Bye!" Beca added and pressed end calls before Emily could react.

Emily, once she realized what just happened, scowled at Beca. "That was so not cool."

"You guys are ridiculous. Lets just get that set list picked and Chloe can help with the choreography." Beca said with a no room for argument tone.