4. Meeting Mary Beale For The First Time

Chloe pulled into the driveway about thirty minutes later and the two young women got out. Beca grabbed her things from the back seat and the two walked in the door. There was an older redhead in the kitchen talking on the phone and she just watched as the two young women sat down at the dining room table. The older woman hung up the phone a minute later and sat across from Chloe. "Hello, Sweetie. Is it past four o' clock already? I thought it was so much earlier."

"It's five, Mom." Chloe said and looked at her hands. "Margret on the phone?"

"Yeah. Well, she was... bored. Wanted to see how we were all doing."

"I hope you told her we were all doing a-ok." She said looking at her.

"Yeah! Of course. Your father called. He's late on a run, but he's really looking forward to seeing you."

"Yeah ok." Chloe replied sarcastically and pulled Beca with her to her room.

"Who's your friend?" The older woman asked stopping the two young women in their tracks.

Chloe turned to face her. "It's Beca, Mom. From college. She's gonna be staying with us until I'm done then her and I are going somewhere else. She needs me now more than ever and I'm not leaving her."

Beca slightly smiled. "It was nice to meet you, Mrs. Beale."

"Call me Mary, please." Mary said.

Beca just nodded and quickly grabbed her bags letting Chloe drag her to their now shared room.

Chloe helped Beca to unpack then the two sat down on the bed to rest. Beca slid over and layed her head on Chloe's chest. "Did you really mean what you said, Chlo? About not leaving me?" She asked quietly.

"Of course." Chloe replied wrapping her arms around the brunette's waist and gently stroking her hair. "I love you, Baby Girl. I could never leave you. No matter what happened to me in the last few months, I'll never let anything happen to my baby sister. Including my past. You're my everything, Becs. My little badass Dj. I can't believe you were fired. For one stupid mistake. It was an accident and you were overwhelmed. I'm sure Residual Heat would hire you back. They LOVE you there."

"Maybe. My boss there WAS cool. They may not mess around, but they were cool. Working for them was the best. But I don't think I'm ready for that just yet. I wanna wait a few months." Beca replied.

"I'll help you when you're ready. For now, you're stuck with me 24/7." Chloe said.

That made Beca laugh.