15. Sadness

It's a month later and Chloe gets out of the shower. Beca is sitting on the bed just waiting bored out of her mind. When she hears the redhead wipe the fog off the mirror in the bathroom, she gets up and knocks on the door. "Chlo?"

Chloe is just looking at herself in the mirror thinking. Beca opens the door slightly making the older girl come back to reality and sees her sister's reflection. She half smiles. "Hey."

"Hey. You ok? You seem a little out of it."

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking. About a lot of things. You about ready for your ultrasound?"

The brunette smirks at the change of subject so quickly, but answers. "Yeah. I'm kind of hoping for a boy because then he can pass Jesse's family name down. I don't want it to end with him. I'll be just as happy with girl, but you know what I mean."

The older girl nodded. "When's the funeral? It's been over two months."

"His mom called me while you were in the shower. It's the day after tomorrow. I'm really nervous. I don't know if I can face them."

"It was an accident, Sweetie. There's nothing you could have done. His parents love you and I know they still do. They don't blame you. You need to quit blaming yourself. Jesse wouldn't want you to. I suggest you call The Bellas and let them know. You're gonna need all the support you can get. Not just me." Chloe said.

Beca nodded and went to do so as Chloe finished up.

Later that night, Chloe and Beca walk into a bar. Chase is standing by an ATM with a beer and Chloe smiles walking over to him with her own beer in hand. Beca follows behind her with her head down. Chase and Chloe clink their bottles and take a sip. They start having a good time and talking and laughing. When Beca just stands there after so long and doesn't speak, Chloe finally speaks to her. "Becs? Hunny, you ok?"

Beca looks up and fake smiles. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"No you're not. I know you. That smile is as fake as it gets and your tone betrays you. What's up?"

Beca sighs deflated. "It's just the funeral."

Chloe sighs and pulls her in for a hug. "It's gonna be ok. I'm here for you, Baby Girl. I know it's a depressing time, but try and have some fun tonight. Get a club soda or a mineral water and let loose on the dance floor."

Beca just nodded and pulled away with a slight smile on her face. "Thanks, Chlo-Bear. I can always count on you."

"Anytime, Baby. Now cheer up and have some fun."

Beca nodded and Chloe went back to Chase.