May 10th, 2015

May 10th, 2015

       "She wants so badly to change this world. When she isn't home, I look over some of the papers and clippings that she leaves around; all of the ones cut out or dog-eared are of the Avengers. A cohesive team of people with amazing powers, and I know Ophelia thinks I belong there, but she is wrong. I might have the abilities, but that's why I can't go back. There was a time where I fought for the right side, and a time that I fought for the wrong side. Maybe fighting is what I am built for, but in the life I want for O- fighting just doesn't have a place. I'll fight for her, I'd die for her, but if I could avoid the fight I would be a lot happier.  

          I know she wants to go back, she wants to make her mark on this world, and I feel selfish because I can't. We talked about it, though, we talked about why I cannot come out of hiding. Not now, and probably not ever. She finally told me that when she went to see Steve- back when he was in the hospital- what she told him. She told him that she'd stick with me no matter what, and that when I decided it was time to be found, she'd make sure it was done right. Maybe it was a bad idea to let her give Steve hope that it could ever happen- seeing me again. Because Ophelia had hope, and I can't stand crushing that.

       She had to understand that if I ever went back- and I want to, I want to see Steve again- people will still be looking for me. Good and bad, people will still always be looking for me. I had to break it to her that if she ever went back there, she couldn't come back here; Steve would follow, I know he would. He still has hope that I might be the man he knew back in the 1940's, but I'm not.

      That's not who I am anymore."