March 3rd, 2016

March 3rd, 2016

       "Ophelia keeps bringing up the idea of me teaching her how to drive; I'm excited about it and yet at the same time worried. I know she wants more skills under her belt to make her even more independent than she already is, but she had no reason to actually know how to drive. Perhaps it is a mental thing; almost everyone knows how to drive, most people were taught before they even got their license. So for O, this is just another thing HYDRA deprived her of, of course she wants to grab hold of the wheel. Like a slap in the face to HYDRA; after all they took from her and did to her, she's taking her individuality back. I love her determination, once she gets her mind set on something she always plans to see it through.

        Perhaps that is the Huntress in her, because when she was a pawn for HYDRA if she didn't see her missions through, she was hurt. She's been hurt, and I always knew from the moment I met her that I would do anything in my power to keep her safe. Once I discovered she was just as much a prisoner there as I was, I knew I had to. To protect her; something so innocent about her struck me. And I know I've hurt her, and let her down, but never as myself. I can hold on to that piece of information and take it with me for the rest of my life, that whenever I was in the right state of mind, I did everything I could to protect her and minimalize her suffering. I guess she always saw that; the other day she mentioned that I made her a promise a long time ago, a promise that I would free her from the prison that was HYDRA. I suppose we both did that; she got out before me, and then came back for me. She never gave up on me, and so the least I can do in a never-ending list of ways to repay her is to teach her how to drive."