March 24th, 2016

March 24th, 2016

        "I discovered what was bothering O; when I got home the other night she looked distraught, and she was sitting in the windowsill which usually means she was reading the paper. So today, while she was at work, I checked to see what she had read. It struck me, more than any other paper I've read. Even more than when we were watching Ultron trying to obliterate the entire world. Steve and a few others were in Lagos, Nigeria. Not surprising, they go many places. What startled me was the name Brock Rumlow. I knew him, over the years I saw his face more often than I would like to admit; integrated deep into SHIELD, Brock had a network of HYDRA within SHIELD. I remember seeing his face when I began remembering Steve; after he said my name... Just as Ophelia had done before. I began to remember, and they took that away from me.

        I'm glad he's dead, I'm just disappointed it wasn't me who was able to give him that.

          But along with his death was the collateral damage; a lot of civilians were killed and the blame is being put on one of them; Wanda Maximoff. I remember her from the events at Sokovia; she was HYDRA. It's amazing what someone like Steve Rogers can do to bring people from HYDRA to good; he did it with O, and he did it with Wanda. With what has happened, the world is going to look at them differently; it doesn't matter how good they are, or what their good intentions were, what worse damage they stopped by being there. Too many people have died.

        Brock Rumlow is only one face of HYDRA. Only days ago I felt so safe, but HYDRA is still out there. I can't afford to forget that."