December 25th, 2015

December 25th, 2015

       "The last entry was cut off, I can't remember what I was going to write, Ophelia had a sudden urge to distract me terribly. She's amazing at distracting me, in so many ways. From my thoughts and my nightmares, from memories both good and bad. Some days I begin to reminisce about a time long ago, when I was a soldier, not the kind HYDRA made me. A Howling Commando, the team hand picked by none other than Captain America. That had been such an amazing time of my life, a great group, really close knit by the time-

        By the time I was declared dead.

       It hadn't been the first time I was falsely declared dead, only this time it took the world a lot longer to discover they'd made another mistake. When I was at the museum, I saw that all of them survived, all of them went on to lead normal lives with wives and children. All of them dead or dying now, I've been given a different sort of chance at the life they got the first time around. No wife and children, no, I don't want that. Just O, just us.

        It makes me wonder, Steve didn't have any of that either. Both of us living strange versions of life from the mid 1940's to the time he woke. He never did well on his own back then, but I hope he is now. More accurately, I hope he isn't alone. From what I remember, he had two people standing behind him that day in Washington. I know now, from O's relentless newspaper-clipping habit, that these two people were Sam Wilson and Natasha Romanoff. I remember her, from a long time ago, from a mission I won't go into here. I tried to kill them; I know Steve would forgive me, but would they? Probably not.

       I've just caused so much harm."