April 20th, 2016

April 20th, 2016

       "Ophelia sleeps through the whole night now; every night we train. The bruises on her hands look gritty, and I doubt her boss cares to see them along with the dark circles under her eyes. I thought I would struggle to look at those bruises caused by me, my metal arm, but I see strength in Ophelia that I haven't seen in a long time. She's glowing; I can see she has found comfort in all this. She's found a middle ground where she can be Ophelia and The Huntress; good to the core and still a fighter. I can understand that; I'm no longer the Bucky Barnes that Steve Rogers would remember growing up with. But I'm not the Winter Soldier the world thinks of; I'm something in between.

        With O and I training, I feel a sense of comfort. We can't forget who we were at any point of our lives, that's naïve and neglectful. We cannot erase the bad, and so we shouldn't try. That's why I agreed to train with her, even though she really doesn't need it. After almost two years, she isn't rusty. HYDRA trains well, I'll give them that. I can see an elation in her eyes when she successfully sneaks up on me, or gets me in a hold; and I'm not going easy on her. The scariest thing is knowing that she can protect herself; she doesn't need me for that, but that's okay. I'd still protect her from anything, and she knows that."